Monday, March 1, 2010

Wee Henry Fishing


Today's card was inspired by the Stars and Stamps Masculine Card Challenge. The image is a digital stamp donated by Hambo Stamps to inspire us cardmakers in making Father's Day cards for Operation Write Home. A HUGE thank you goes out to Hambo Stamps for their generosity!

My card base is Wild Wasabi layered with a slightly smaller piece of Bowling Shoes patterned paper. The shadow layer is a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece of Long Underwear patterned paper. I still chuckle just thinking about those patterned paper names, LOL! Someone at BasicGrey has a wonderful sense of humor!

Next I rolled out black magic mesh and cut the ends along the card base. I added the magic mesh because I wanted something that looked like a fishing net! The digital image was printed on PTI White using my photo printer and colored in using copic markers. I punched the corners using my Ticket Corner Punch then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock. Before attaching the digital image to the card base I embellished each corner with a small black brad.

The cool thing about digital images is that you can print them in various sizes. I couldn't find a cattails stamp in my stash (bugger that) so I printed the digital image to fit full size on a sheet of cardstock, colored the cattail in then cut it out to use as an embellishment.  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Say It In Style stamp set, cut out each word and arranged them along the image.

Hope you have a marvelous monday!


CREATIVE DESIGN
Stamps: Wee Henry Fishing (Hambo Stamps) and Say It In Style (CTMH); Paper: Wild Wasabi, PTI White, Bowling Shoes and Long Underwear (BasicGrey Boxer Collection); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tombow N75 and Copics E11, E47, E55, R29, YG63, G99, B95, B97; Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Small Black Brads, Black Magic Mesh and Mounting Tape.

11 comments:

Operation Write Home said...

Awww this is so cute! Great way to use the cattails reprinted as an embellishment - PERFECT!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a wonderful Father's Day card! Love your coloring and how you used your magic mesh. TFS!

jimlynn said...

Perfect for Father's Day or Birthday 0r - whatever. So cute.

Timbo said...

Love all the elements you used on this! I was looking at the big cattails and thought they looked pretty good.. "Where did she get those?" lol Great idea to use those blown up!!

lcamacho said...

WOW!!!!THIS IS SUCH AN INSPIRATION.LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT.THE MESH,CATTAIL,LAYOUT,AND THANKS FOR SHARING THE IMAGE.

Carrie said...

This is so stinkin cute! Love the mesh, the cattail is a perfect added touch, your coloring is great. Wonderful wonderful wonderul.

KymKreates said...

I love your style, clean and crisp!!! Very nice. I am going to become your follower. If you have a moment pop over and check my blog out too! Love that you support the troops. I am from a Military family!
KymKreates

Carmen O. said...

What a great card! I like that you used part of the image as the embellishment too. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

Our Little Inspirations said...

You did a great job with this digital image!! I try to do them, but my printer is finicky with cardstock, so I'm digital-challenged for now:)
I love the mesh and especially how you took the image and made it into an embellishment! Your coloring is fabulous!!

Patty said...

Such a cute card! Love your coloring skills!

Anonymous said...

Love how you pulled it all together. Wonderful card!