Monday, April 26, 2010

All Pooped Out


I love these stamps and take them out every summer to create a super fun card! I thought in light of my having turned 40 over the weekend it was fitting... that I'm ALL POOPED OUT!!! I'm off work today and tomorrow... YEA!!! Today we are headed to the Minnesota Zoo to see all the new baby animals. That is, as soon as I quit yacking and get my butt in gear.

Today's card was inspired by the Stars and Stamps Stash Challenge to use "Hardware" (my all time obsession) and the layout is from this week's sketch challenge hosted by Sketch Saturday. It is their 100th sketch and I thought it would be a lot of fun to play along this week. I'm trying a new way of layering my card base today which you will see in a minute but first wanted to give credit and point out that the inspiration for this new technique came from Michele over at Paper Cuts.

My card base is a half sheet of Garden Green cardstock folded in half. The new technique is that instead of creating my card from this card base I cut another piece of Garden Green cardstock that is 4 x 5 1/4 or slightly smaller than the card base. See in the photo how there are two layers of Garden Green cardstock. I love this because now I'm able to wrap my twine or ribbons around this layer and add brads or other things that poke through and the ugly looking stuff on the back side is all covered up and there are no ripples or bumps in my card.

Next I cut two pieces of patterned paper measuring 2 3/8 x 3 3/4 and layered them on the new style card base. I wrapped Jute Twine around it a couple times and taped the ends down on the back side. To embellish this layer I added medium copper brads in each corner then adhered it to the card base using mounting tape. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Large Outhouse stamp and colored in using copic markers. I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Garden Green cardstock and attached it to the card base using mounting tape.

The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, cut out and layered on to a slightly larger piece of Garden Green cardstock then attached to the bottom of the image. To finish off the card I stamped three Mosquitos in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White, cut them out and taped them randomly around the outhouse. And if you've ever been camping in Minnesota... this is exactly the bathroom amenities that you would find! In my dream world though... there would be no Mosquitos, LOL!!!

Now I'm really heading out to the zoo to see all the cute baby animals and get "ALL POOPED OUT".

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Large Outhouse, Pooper Out and Mosquito (Stamps by Judith);  Paper: Garden Green, PTI White and Patterned Paper (DCWV);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics C6, C8, YG63, YG67, E55, E57, E47;  Other: Jute Twine (PTI), Medium Copper Brads and Mounting Tape.

16 comments:

Caryl P said...

This card made me laugh out loud! Too funny!!! Love all the texture you incorporated...have fun at the zoo!

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is just the cutest EVER! Of course, I adore the image - but the whole card is just great. I HAVE to find that stamp though!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I have to get this stamp....For the Holidays, for Santa to yell at Rudolph and tell him- no I said the Schmidt house.....my husband thinks that is so funny....... I love your card- fantastic!!! Thanks for sharing all of the details too!

Carrie said...

Oh this brought a smile to my face this morning, what a cute sentiment and image lol. I really like the jute you added here, and the paper behind your image. Everything works perfectly together

Tammy said...

This is adorable Karen!! I LOVE that stamp and sentiment!! Gorgeous coloring and fantastic texture!

Operation Write Home said...

Aw this is GREAT! Love the image and all you did with the card!

Happy belated! I had no idea it was your big day!!!

rstuck2003 said...

This card is too cute! I have to get that stamp! Reminds of going to my great-grandparents back in the day! LOL Happy belated b/day!

Bev E said...

Very Very Cute! And Happy Birthday to you!

Jo said...

LOL! brilliant!! :D
what a great card.
Happy Birthday! I turned 40 myself last month...still waiting for my life to begin though lol ;)
Thank you for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday
Jo xx

Dixie Cochran said...

LOVE this card...it's "laugh out loud" funny! Happy belated birthday! Hope your day was special!

Rika's Crafts said...

Adorable card! And a little birdie told me we your birthday passed - so Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Debi! said...

Bet you ARE all pooped out after your birthday! Belated happy wishes to you! From Debi (an owh gal)!

Love your blog!!!

Marcy Kiefer said...

Great card Karen and HAPPY BELATED 40th! Hope it was a great day for you!

Betty said...

Happy Birthday and LOVE the card :)

Hope you had fun at the zoo...

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Ha...is this ever cute! Love your sentiment! Awesome card, Karen!

jo said...

So awesome!