Thursday, April 22, 2010

Butterfly Blossoms


Hi everyone! Today's card is really simple but I love the bright colors and hope you do too!!! I created the card for this week's color challenge hosted by the Digi Doodle Shop's Best. The challenge is to create any card using the colors blue, green and yellow. Everyone is welcome to play along and if you don't have a Digi Doodle Shop image, that's OK, go ahead and use any stamp already in your stash! Hope you play along this week and are the lucky winner to get a free digital image!!!

My card base is a half sheet of Summer Sun cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then layered it with a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock.  I cut my patterned paper the same size, marked one inch from the top and bottom and cut the patterned paper diagonally.  I took one half of the patterned paper and layered it on to the bottom half of the Tempting Turquoise cardstock then wrapped yellow gingham ribbon around this entire section and tied a beautiful bow in front before attaching to the Summer Sun card base.

The Butterfly Blossoms digital image is from the Digi Doodle Shop and was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I distressed the edges before attaching to the card base.  To embellish the card I added a matching button threaded with DMC White at the center of my bow.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Butterfly Blossoms (Digi Doodle Shop);  Paper: Summer Sun, Tempting Turquoise, PTI White and Wild Wasabi Patterned Paper from the Prints Pack (Stampin' Up);  Ink: Copics BG05, Y17, YR24, YG63, YG67;  Other: Edge Distresser, Gingham Ribbon, Button, DMC White and Glue Dots.

13 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Karen. This is absolutely beautiful. Such gorgeous flowers and the colour combination and that ribbon and big bow is just perfect. I love it. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Pascale said...

Hi Karen a beautiful card I love the slight distress to the image it looks wonderful hugs Pascale

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Lovely card, Karen! Hugs, Vera.

A Little This and Alot of That said...

Beautiful creation... I love this stamp .....

Harriet

jimlynn said...

Very pretty Karen....and I'm going to try to get one made today with these colors.

jo said...

Beautiful card! I love that image! :)

KymKreates said...

your card is so inviting!!! The colors are just perfect for your bloom. Perfection!!!

lcamacho said...

What a pretty card!I love the colors and the image is so cute with those butterflys.TFS

Judy said...

Hey Karen,

What a lovely card!! It just comes together so well. Very neat and clean, which I love. Awesome job hun.

Hugs

Monika Reeck said...

woow you used color combo so nice dear Karen....the color on the images is soo adorable...Gorgeous card Karen..hugs, Monika

Amber said...

Such a beautiful card! Love how your stamp colors coordinate with your cardstock!
Hugs
Amber

Carrie said...

Wow this is a beautiful color combo and your ribbon and button add such a nice touch on here.

SUSAN said...

Simple and beautiful card, Karen. Really I love

hugs: Susan quilling