Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Bunny Trio


Happy Easter, everyone!!!  We are spending the day with my in-laws and have lots of fun activities planned... delicious dinner, easter egg hunt and card games!!!  Before we take off though I wanted to share the easter card I sent to the family this year.  The layout was inspired by the Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge #106.

My card base is Sage Shadow layered with a slightly smaller piece of Whisper White then Barely Banana cardstock.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on paper pierced Whisper White using the Bunny Trio stamp and colored in using copic markers.  It is hard to tell in this photo buy I sponged Bashful Blue ink around the sides and top for sky and Sage Shadow along the bottom for grass.  Next I layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Sage Shadow cardstock and attached it to the card base using mounting tape.

The three squares at the bottom of the card are 1 1/16 x 1 5/16 Sage Shadow layered with a 7/8 x 1 1/2 piece of paper pierced Whisper White cardstock.  I attached a paper flower in the center using a clear medium Rhinestone Brad then attached the squares to the card base using mounting tape.  To further embellish the card I attached a bow above the Bunny Trio using a glue dot then added a large clear Rhinestone Brad in the center.  To attach the Rhinestone Brad I first cut off the ends on the backside to make it lay flat then attached it using a glue dot.

Hope you have a Happy Easter!!!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Bunny Trio (Inky Antics); Paper: Sage Shadow, Barely Banana and Whisper White;  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Sage Shadow, Bashful Blue and Copics R32, G21, Y21, V93;  Other: Paper Piercing, Sponge, Paper Flowers, Rhinestone Brads, Organdy Ribbon (CTMH) and Mounting Tape.

12 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

What a fun image, and such beautiful layering! Great card, and I wish you a very happy Easter today :)

Seongsook Duncan said...

Happy Easter, Karen!
Your card is awesome. I love your way of creating your cards. Thanks for sharing.

Paula said...

Love the floers in triplicate at the bottom. Great card Karen.

A Little This and Alot of That said...

Love this bunny card...

Happy Easter !!

jimlynn said...

Precious card! Love those funny bunnies. So cute.

Becky said...

What a fabulous crew!! This is just adorable, and love how you put some bling on the ribbon

MiamiKel said...

Ohhhh this is just as cute as can be! I love the sketch and even more this adorable stamp - superb! Happy Easter!

lcamacho said...

Oh Karen,With all the planning of easter I forgot to enter my card for your challenge.You had so much blog candy I could of used.And this card is so cute.TFS

Funked Up Crafts said...

Very nice, love the bunnies :) The colors and layout are great and the piercing add just the right touch.

Cheryl said...

What a cute Easter card! Great use of the sketch!

jo said...

Adorable! I love it! :)

Carrie said...

Happy Easter Karen, you did a fantastic job with this sketch. Love the panels with the flowers.