Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Frog In My Bird Bath


Today's card was created for the Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #3. During the month of April we are celebrating spring and each week are challenged to come up with a different card creation relating to the theme. This week is our first sketch challenge. If you've visited my blog before you already know how much I love sketch challenges. To play along with me this week, simply create any spring themed card using this sketch and enter it over at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

My card base is 5 1/2 x 11 piece of Close To Cocoa cardstock folded in half then layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then paper pierced Petal Patch Designer Series Paper. The strip is a 1 3/4 x 5 1/2 piece of Close To Cocoa cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of paper pierced Petal Patch Designer Series Paper. I wrapped the ribbon around it and taped the ends down on the backside before attaching to the card base. I then made a beautiful bow and attached it on the front using glue dots.

The cute Bird Bath image is from the Digi Doodle Shop and was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer then colored in using copic markers. I die cut and embossed the image using my Standard Circles Large Nestabilities and layered it on to a piece of Close To Cocoa die cut using my Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities. The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Petal Patch Designer Series Paper using the Basket Full'o Flopsey stamp set then punched out using the Small Oval Punch. Next I die cut a flower using the Bird w/Leaves and Flowers Sizzix Die and Petal Patch Designer Series Paper. To embellish the flower I added a button threaded with DMC White in the center.

Thanks for fluttering by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Bird Bath (Digi Doodle Shop) and Basket Full'o Flopsey (My Favorite Things); Paper: Close To Cocoa PTI White and Petal Patch Designer Series Paper; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics B91, B93, E71, E77, Y15, R30, YG63; Other: Paper Piercing, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Small Oval Punch, Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Standard Circles Large and Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities, Bird w/Leaves and Flowers Sizzix Die (Stampin' Up), Glue Dots and Mounting Tape.

13 comments:

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Karen, this card is beautiful and elegant. Love the clean style of the card.

Harriet said...

Karen, your creation is beautiful. I love your clean lines and your coloring is wonderful.

Harriet

lcamacho said...

Karen,This card is so cute.I love the colors.and that image is lovely.I love the way you colored it.every body has been busy around here.I can't seem to get a card done.I need to get in my crafty place soon.

Pascale said...

Hi Karen a fantastic card love the image you chose and the colouring hugs Pascale x

Nancy Keller said...

Oh I love frogs! That is such a great card! I love it!

Judy said...

What a precious card this is. It looks so sweet, and very tastefully done.

Hugs

Monika Reeck said...

Oh Karen...I love your coloring the Images sooo pretty looks so crisp dear...Adorable card...

KymKreates said...

Karen,

Your card is perfection and before you mentioned I had not even noticed the frog!!!! Whew blew right past my eye. I like how you tell all elements in your post. Very enjoyable for me!!!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling inmage- wonderful card! I love everything about it- colors and the layout! TFS

Michelle B said...

Karen, your card is beautiful... I just love it!

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Amber said...

Such a feminine card! Love all the soft touches! And the digi is fabulous!
Hugs
Amber

Tami said...

This is really pretty. I like the colors and the button flower

jo said...

So pretty! :)