Thursday, April 1, 2010

Little Boy Bunny


Hi everyone! I'm really excited to share today's card with all of you. My Little Boy Bunny card was created for the grand opening of the Digi Doodle Shop and first challenge being hosted over on the Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge Blog. I'm excited to announce that I'm one of the Digi Doodle Shop's Best Design Team members and hope you will join us each week for a new challenge. This weeks challenge is to create a card that is Easter or Spring themed.

If you haven't already done so, you will want to sign up for the weekly newsletter and visit the store for a chance to win your very own custom stamp. The first 50 customers will be entered into a drawing for a FREE one of a kind custom stamp. I've had a sneak peak at some of the custom stamps created for others and they are really AMAZING, you won't want to miss out on this wonderful opportunity!

Today's card was created using the Little Boy Bunny digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop.  When I first saw this Little Boy Bunny digital image I knew I wanted to color him using browns and blues with some yellow to highlight the cute butterfly. My card base is Close To Cocoa layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then paper pierced So Saffron cardstock. The shadow layer is paper pierced Haystack patterned paper layered on to a slightly larger piece of Close To Cocoa cardstock. I chose this patterned paper because I wanted to color the image as the title says... as a Little Boy Bunny and after choosing the paper thought how funny... the patterned paper is from the Piggy Tales, Little Boy Blue collection, LOL!

Next I wrapped white grosgrain ribbon around the shadow layer and tied a knot in front before adhering it to the card base.  The Little Boy Bunny digital image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers. It is hard to tell in this photo but I tried using a shading technique when coloring the bunny (the brown parts of the image). I really like the effect and will have to do this more often. After coloring the image I cut it out and attached it to the card base using mounting tape. I also colored and cut out the cute little butterfly to complete the image. To further embellish the card I added two small copper brads in the upper corner.

Thanks for coming by and hope you play along in this weeks challenge!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Little Boy Bunny (Digi Doodle Shop);  Paper: Close To Cocoa, So Saffron, PTI White and Haystack (Piggy Tales, Little Boy Blue Collection);  Ink: Copics YR21, B95, B97, E71, E47;  Other: 5/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercing, Small Copper Brads and Mounting Tape.

17 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Karen I love your color combo and he is soo cute with his yellow t-shirt...lovely done :)

A Little This and Alot of That said...

Karen, I love your Little Boy Bunny and you made him all boy with your great color choices. Wonderful creations.

Pascale said...

Hi Karen I love the Little boy Bunny image and such perfect colours for him. Gorgeous card xxx Hugs Pascale

KymKreates said...

Wonderful job on your post!!! Your card is also fantastic!!! I like that you made the bunny with a male theme!!! Fun Fun!!!! So glad to have you as a part of our DT!
Kym

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Great card, Karen. Love your masculine color choice!

Michelle B said...

Cute Card! I love the colors you chose and the way you colored the little boy bunny image...So cute!

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Judy said...

Karen,

I absolutely totally love this card. I love the colors, and the boyish that comes across. Super fantastic job hun.

Hugs

Seongsook Duncan said...

Very nice card. I like the colors that you used. Thanks for sharing.

jimlynn said...

PERFECT! Love the layout, colors, image - just everything. Great card.

Amber said...

Beautiful Karen!!! Love the shades of colors and how you tied everything together to match! Such a lovely card!
Hugs
Amber

jo said...

Adorable! I love the masculine colors - so different for Easter yet so appropriate for this card :)

Katja of Katzz said...

A really nice eastern card for boys or men!!! Like the colors!!!
Great job!

Greetings,
Katja

Karen McAlpine said...

This is sooo sweet.What could be better....Bunnies AND a butterfly!!

Carrie said...

Karen this is so stinkin adorable! Just love everything about it. The colors are wonderful and I love how you placed the image. Great job.

Alison said...

How cute! I love that its his backside!

Becky said...

This bunny is cute as a button.. Wonderful layout.

Natalie Michaud-Lee said...

Hey is too cute!! Great job on him!