Saturday, April 17, 2010

Looks Like Spring


Wahoo, I can finally say it looks like spring around here! The buds are opening on the trees and our tulips are coming up... well, at least the ones the neighborhood jack rabbit hasn't eaten yet, LOL! My title is also symbolic in that it is the name of the stamp set I used for today's card. My card was inspired by all the beautiful nature around me and the Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #12. I'm cutting it a little close since the new challenge will be posted tomorrow, WHEW!

My card base is So Saffron cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of Spring Flowers Designer Series Paper. The shadow layer is also So Saffron layered with a different pattern of paper pierced Spring Flowers Designer Series Paper. I wrapped the grosgrain ribbon around the shadow layer and tied a bow in front before attaching it to the card base. Oh, I almost forgot to share with you that I finally caved in and ordered a 3M Scotch ATG 914 Glue Gun and must say... I LOVE it!!!  My husband thought I was crazy when I showed him my new toy, LOL!!!

But, I degress... the background for the image was stamped in Creamy Caramel on Whisper White cardstock using the Looks Like Spring stamp set. I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip then So Saffron cardstock and attached it to the card base using mounting tape. The flower was stamped in Bashful Blue on Whisper White using the same stamp set then was cut out and attached to the background using a glue dot. To embellish the flower I added shimmery button threaded with DMC White. To finish off the card I added two smaller buttons along the side also threaded with DMC White.

Well, that's it for me today!  Hope you have a great weekend!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Looks Like Spring (Stampin' Up);  Paper: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Spring Flowers Designer Series Paper;  Ink: Creamy Caramel and Bashful Blue;  Other: Paper Piercing, Grosgrain Ribbon, Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape.

7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Lovely card, Karen! Really like that patterned paper too. Just a wonderful card. I'm so glad you got that glue gun - I've been wanting one and just haven't bitten the bullet and gotten it yet.

Caryl P said...

Oh what a beautiful card, I wish spring were here this weekend! I love the combo of blue, brown and saffron, it's just gorgeous. This is a great OWH card too since it can be used for just about anything!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a beautiful card Karen, this SU paper pack was a nice one and I know I still have some too!

Seongsook Duncan said...

Very nice card, Karen! Your color combination is wonderful. I love your paper pierced border as always. Thanks for sharing.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the DP you used and love the colors too! I love the buttons you added to- and the ribbon is great!

Carrie said...

So pretty Karen. I love the buttone embellishments such a nice added touch. I also like the piercing..I haven't tried paper piercing before.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a perfect card! I always have such a hard time using this stamp set and you've nailed this one!