Saturday, April 24, 2010

My Umbrella


Hi everyone!!! Today is really special because it is not only Saturday which means I get to hang out all day in my PJ's and stamp but it is also my 40th Birthday!!! At work yesterday I was officially invited to the old ladies club, LOL!!! After I get today's mail I'll take a group photo of all the cards that have been trickling in to share with all of you!!! A HUGE thanks to all of you for the wonderful cards and birthday wishes... it means a lot to me!!!

It is raining here today which gave me the incentive to complete my Stamps R Us monthly challenge card. The monthly theme is "April Showers Bring May Flowers" and the challenge is to create any card that has to do with showers... an image with an umbrella or rain drops. The My Umbrella stamp set from My Favorite Things is the first thing that came to mind and I love paper piecing whenever I use the Pure Innocence stamps and today was no different.

My card base is Pure Poppy cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of Regal Rose patterned paper. Next I added a 2 1/2 x 4 distressed piece of So Saffron cardstock. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on a 2 3/4 x 3 1/2 piece of PTI White using the My Umbrella stamp set and colored in using Stampin' Write and Copic Markers. I paper pierced the edges and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Pure Poppy cardstock before attaching to the card base.

I stamped the image twice more in Memento Tuxedo Black on the Regal Rose patterned paper and cut out the umbrellas. I attached the first one directly on to the image then layered the second one over it using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added a felt flower finished with a button threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a great weekend!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: My Umbrella (My Favorite Things);  Paper: PTI White and Pure Poppy, So Saffron and Regal Rose Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up Patterns Pack II);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics E00 and E57, Regal Rose, Rose Red and So Saffron; Other: Paper Piercing, Edge Distresser (CTMH), Felt Flower and Button (Making Memories), DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape.

10 comments:

jimlynn said...

Precious card and it's wonderful for the challenge! Great!
Happy Birthday again. I don't think you're ready for the "old ladies club" just yet! LOL! Have a great day.

lcamacho said...

Oh how cute is this.I really like what you did with the umbrella.Happy Birthday, Karen!I hope your having a good one.

Patty said...

I really like this card Karen! I love the umbrella and I really like the polka dots! Happy Birthday! I love hanging around all day in my pj's doing only what I want to do!

Carrie said...

This is adorable. Love the clean and simple layout and I really like what you did with the umbrella. Happy Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day.

Teresa said...

A happy birthday wish a day late. Hope it was special. love the umbrella card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- I love the sweet image you used- so is darling! I love the way you did the umbrella too! Oh, to be 40 again- I hope you had a wonderful day- in your PJ's too! Awesome for you! Great card for our Stamps R Us Challenge!

Paula said...

Adorable card as usual Karen. I just love your style! Sounds like you had a wonderful day. Happy Birthday!

Becky said...

Adorable!!Love how you paper pieced the umbrella.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Karen, this is just perfect, so crisp and clean! I love how the umbrella matches your background! Great job!

jo said...

Awww, too adorable! :)