Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Nature Silhouette


I'm really proud of myself for coming out of my shell and trying so many new things lately. I recently got the Scor-Pal and created this handsome nature silhouette card for my father-in-law's 70th birthday! While making the card I took a bunch of photos and made this fun Gate Fold Card tutorial featured on the Stars and Stamps blog. I left the flaps go on this next photo so you could see where the folds are and how it looks when opening up the card.


My card base is a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 piece of Handsome Hunter cardstock scored at 2 1/8 and 6 3/8. I folded both ends inward then added a 1 7/8 x 5 1/4 strip of patterned paper on both flaps. Next I layered a 2 x 2 1/8 piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock on each flap about 1 inch from the bottom then lined the top edge with 3/8" Twill Tape.

The image was stamped and embossed on a 2 3/4 x 3 piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using the Nature Silhouettes stamp set, Chocolate Chip Craft Pad and Ranger Clear Embossing Powder. I layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Handsome Hunter cardstock before attaching to the left flap using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added brown chipboard photo corners in each corner of the patterned paper and some Chocolate Kaiser Pearls along the bottom of the image.


Hope you have a handsome day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Nature Silhouettes (Stampin' Up);  Paper: Dark Chocolate (PTI), Handsome Hunter and Very Vanilla (Stampin' Up), Patterned Paper (Rocky Mountain Scrapbook Co);  Ink: Chocolate Chip Craft Pad, Chocolate Chip and Handsome Hunter;  Other: Clear Embossing Powder (Ranger), Neutral Photo Corners (Jo-Anns), Chocolate Pearls (KaiserScrapbook), 3/8" Twill Tape (Stampin' Up) and Mounting Tape.

9 comments:

A Little This and Alot of That said...

I love your card and you did a great tutorial for the gate fold card....

Way To Go .....

Harriet

Stampin'GHmom said...

This is such a great masculine card. I love the layout and the colors. The pattern paper is absolutely perfect!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Great card Karen, thanks for the tutorial on S&S, I'm going to try one today! I have a link to the Scor-Pal blog for you, you're gonna love this! http://www.scor-pal.com/basics/index.htm

Congratulations on your Digi Doodle Shope DT position!

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is fabulous!!!!! Truly! Love the "woodsy" look to it all. Just great.

Sew-Ink said...

Wow great masculine card. Love the colors and layout!

jo said...

So pretty! Can a masculine card be 'pretty' because this one is!

I need to get a Scor-Pal now! *lol*

Carrie said...

This is a fantastic masculine card. Love so much about it, the layout, the colors, the panels on the front. Really fabulous. Woodsy like Lynn said is a good term for this card :)

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Awesome masculine card, love your gate fold and BTW- you are going to love your new scorepal!

Judy said...

Oh wow!! This is awesome. I love the wood look, and the wolf silloute. Awesome card!

Hugs