Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Seeing Your Face


I've had the Sizzix Top Note Die from Stampin' up for some time now and finally pulled it out to play with!  I love the dashed line around the edge and the unique shape.  It changes up the layout and adds so much dimension.  Today's card was created for my special friend and fellow Stamps R Us blog group member, Lynn, for her birthday!  Happy Birthday, Lynn!  Thank you for the amazing inspiration and awesome blog posts... they always make me laugh and put a HUGE smile on my face, you have such a wonderful sense of humor!  Hope your birthday is as special as you are!!!

Today's card base is Garden Green layered with a slightly smaller piece of Georgia Pacific White cardstock then Treasured Brights patterned paper.  The strips are 1 3/8" pieces of Garden Green cardstock.  Next I added the Top Note die cut using Georgia Pacific White cardstock.  The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on a 2 1/4 x 3 piece of Georgia Pacific cardstock using the Seeing Your Face stamp and was colored in using copic markers.  I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Garden Green cardstock then Treasured Brights patterned paper before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added a Sunflower Dew Drop in each corner.

Hope your day is cheerful and bright!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Seeing Your Face (Penny Black); Paper: Garden Green, Georgia Pacific White and Treasured Brights (Colorbok); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R30, E13, E39,YG63, G85, C4 and colorless blender; Other: Sunflower Dew Drops, Sizzix Top Note Die (Stampin' Up) and Mounting Tape.

6 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Karen. What a beautiful card. I love that adorable cute image and your colour combination and the design of the card is just so perfect. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Crafty Creations said...

Nice color scheme! Love Penny Black images!! I haven't got the top note die, but I drool over everyone elses!!
maria

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a great card using your top note die! It's a really neat "tool", I have one on my desk that belongs to a friend whose been gracious enough to leave it with me for quite some time now. We made a penguin with it last night!

jimlynn said...

Karen, again, thank you so much for this lovely card! It's just a beauty!

jo said...

Super cute! :)

-Jo:)
http://joboogie.typepad.com

Carrie said...

Isn't this sweet. I have got to start using that top note image more. Love this color combo and the hedgie image is so cute.