Monday, April 12, 2010

Sunflower Garden


I'm a little late to complete the Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #11 but here it is... better late than never, right!!! I struggle with sliding my cardstock up to the ends of the card base and today was no different so I slid the brown layer down a little so I could see the card base all the way around the edges. The supplies used for today's card are from my Taylored Expressions August Key Ingredients Kit.

My card base is Blush Dark Red layered with a slightly smaller paper pierced Pearl patterned paper. I keep wanting to call this patterned paper Honeycomb because that is what it reminds me of, LOL! Next I added the strip of Suede Brown Dark cardstock. The shadow layer is Blush Dark Red layered with a slightly smaller piece of Patchwork patterned paper. I wrapped the brown grosgrain ribbon around it and tied a bow in front before attaching to the card base. The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on paper pierced Very Vanilla cardstock using the Sunflower Garden stamp and colored in using copic markers.

Thanks for coming by, hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Sunflower Garden (Great Impressions);  Paper: Blush Dark Red and Suede Brown Dark (Prism), Very Vanilla, Patchwork and Pearl patterned paper (Pebbles, Linnie Bell Collection);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics YG63, YG67, Y21, YR12, R89, E44, E47, E49;  Other: Paper Piercing, Grosgrain Ribbon and Mounting Tape.

9 comments:

jimlynn said...

SO pretty. I love the DP you used. Great job.

Patty said...

Love this card! The patterned paper and colors you used are fantastic!

A Little This and Alot of That said...

I love your creation...it is beautiful .... the colors and everything is perfect....

Carrie said...

Great mix of papers. I think you did a wonderful job with the layout and your coloring is so pretty. I love that image.

Rose Petal said...

Hello Karen. I absolutely adore that sunflower card, so beautifully done. Just perfect. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Becky said...

This is gorgeous!! Love the dp and the coloring is fabulous.

Anna ~ Flatkatt said...

Gorgeous! Love the sunflowers. Your choice of papers creates a great backdrop to the flowers.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Love your sunflowers card for the sketch challenge, the colors are fabulous!

jo said...

I love this! It's so pretty! :)

-Jo:)
http://joboogie.typepad.com