Sunday, April 18, 2010

Trio Of Potted Flowers


This is one of those cards that just sort of happens. I wanted to create something really special for my friend and fellow Stamps R Us blog group member, Shelly, for her birthday! Happy Birthday, Shelly! Wishing you the best today and always! I don't have a sewing machine but love the look of stitching on cards and thought I would try emulating hand stitching. Don't think I've ever seen stitching that looks like this but since it looks really cute... for today, let's just pretend it's stitching, LOL!

The layout for this card is one I haven't used in forever but it worked great for this card, you will see what I'm talking about in a minute! My card base is a half sheet of Classic Magenta cardstock folded in half. I cut three pieces of Beautiful Morning patterned paper then drew alternating lines and dots around the edges using my Black Sakura Glaze Pen. Next I wrapped White Dotted Black Ribbon around the card base and taped the ends down in front where they are covered up by the image. I made the bow using my Bow Easy and attached it to the card base using glue dots.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on paper pierced PTI White using the Trio Of Potted Flowers stamp and colored in using copic markers. I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Classic Magenta cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I layered bazzill flowers and finished it off with a black button threaded with DMC White.

After finishing the card I decided it looked better on the glossy black cardstock but didn't feel like starting over so instead I layered the whole card on to a 4 1/2 x 5 3/4 piece of glossy black card stock. The glossy black cardstock is like a postcard and the original card is attached to it.  Since the finished card is larger than the standard size I was able to use one of my fancy Wal-mart envelopes I picked up some time ago that is a bit larger than the standard A2 size I usually use.  

Hope you have a beautiful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Trio Of Potted Flowers (Great Impressions);  Paper: Glossy Black, Classic Magenta (Prism), PTI White and Beautiful Morning (My Minds Eye, Ooh La La For Her Collection);  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics E08, YG13, RV13, RV17, BG09, BG32;  Other: Paper Piercing, Sakura Black Glaze Pen, Bazzill Flowers, Button, DMC White, White Dotted Black Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape.

9 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hello Karen. This is so beautiful. I love the background paper and your design and the image of the flowers is just so beautiful. Absolutely gorgeous, I love it. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Patty said...

Love you card Karen! The colors are so cheerful.

jimlynn said...

Wonderful card Karen. Love that DP.

Ramona said...

Absolutely incredible. I adore your art work. Stunning.

Swweeeeeettttttt!

Ramona said...

Now I like this card. A LOT! Great job!

Shelly Schmidt said...

It is even better IRL! You are so talented and I love that you added stitching! I am going to post it on my blog after I get done stopping by everyone's blogs. Thanks for making my day even more special!!!

Carrie said...

The faux stitching looks great and kudos to you for keeping the lines straight, I'd be all over the place LOL. Cute card, I'm sure Shelly will love it.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Adorable card, I'm sure Shelly will love it. Great 'stitching' too!

Tami said...

WOW love the colors and the polka dot bow is perfect