Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Up, Up and Away


We had lots of fun at the zoo and will share some pics with you as soon as I get them uploaded.  For today though, I have another card to share with you. My Up, Up and Away card was created for this week's Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #14. I love this sketch because the image is slightly turned which in itself adds so much dimension to this card.

I also used my newly discovered method of layering again on today's card so my card base is a half sheet of Basic Black cardstock folded in half. Next I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Basic Black cardstock and layered it with a slightly smaller piece of Treasured Brights patterned paper then a 2 1/2 x 5 1/2 strip of Taken With Teal cardstock. I wrapped the Black Dashed Ribbon around this layer and tied a knot in front before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Up, Up and Away stamp set then colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edge then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock then attached to the card base using mounting tape. The sentiment was also stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Heartfelt Phrases stamp set, punched out using the Word Window Punch, then attached to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added a matching button threaded with DMC White at the center of the knot.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
Stamps: Up, Up and Away, Heartfelt Phrases (Verve Stamps); Paper: Taken With Teal, Basic Black, PTI White, Treasured Brights (Colorbok); Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black and Copics BG09, R85, R89; Other: Paper Piercing, Black Dashed Ribbon (Bazzill Basics), Word Window Punch, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape.

9 comments:

Carrie said...

Up up and Away my FAV set from Verve its so versatile. Cute cute cute Karen. I like how you did the card base too.

Michelle Custodio said...

I love how you decide the colors for your card making projects. I am really interested about the materials you used.

Karen McAlpine said...

That balloon image is so cute!! Have a great day

jimlynn said...

So cute! Love how the "dashes" on the ribbon coordinate with the paper piercing. Wonderful card, Karen.
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this card- great image you used- I love that Verve set- I like the added look the piecing gives the image panel. And, the ribbon looks great too!

Tami said...

Oh I really like this color combo.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Love the colors on this card and your ribbon treatment is just perfect! Nicely done!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, your card is wonderful! I like the way you've used the ribbon for the panel on the far left, what a great idea. I won 1300 yards of ribbon at CHA in January I need all the ideas I can find to USE it!

jo said...

How cute! I love the colors you used!