Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Asian Artistry


Hi everyone!  I was having some technical difficulties with my lotus flower template (half the template suddenly disappeared) so until they get it fixed, if they ever do, I had to quickly find a new home!  So it is still the same old me just with a new look!  I decided to go with this Little White Kitten template because it fits perfectly with my blog name, Feline Creative, and reminds me of my white cat, Buddy! 

Before I share today's card with everyone I wanted to let you know about two bloghops I have coming up!  Both are filled with lots of inspiration.  Hope you will join me tomorrow for the first ever Digi Doodle Shop's Best Bloghop then on Saturday for the OWH Memorial Day Weekend Bloghop.  The OWH Memorial Weekend Bloghop has over 150 crafters and is filled with lots of tutorials, blog candy and freebies so be sure to stop by and check it out!

As for today's card, I love this layout because it is really simple yet looks very elegant. This is also a card I made pre-blogging days that I couldn't resist sharing with all of you! After making the card I couldn't decide what occasion to use it for but since have deemed it a beautiful graduation card because I love the heartfelt sentiment. Now I just have to wait for all the nieces and nephews to grow up and graduate so I'm able to share it with one of them.

My card base is 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 Really Rust layered with a slightly smaller piece of Very Vanilla then Bordering Blue cardstock. I received the patterned paper from a close friend of mine who scrapbooks and completely converted to digital scrapbooking but honestly have no clue what the name of it is. My patterned paper strips are each 1 1/2 x 4 3/4.

The image and dragonfly were both stamped in Really Rust on Very Vanilla using the Asian Artistry stamp set, cut out and arranged on a 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 piece of Bordering Blue cardstock. The beautiful sentiment is from the same stamp set and was also stamped in Really Rust. Next I layered the Bordering Blue cardstock on to a slightly larger piece of Very Vanilla then Really Rust before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added a medium pewter brad in each corner.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Asian Artistry (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Bordering Blue, Really Rust, Very Vanilla and Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Really Rust
  • Other: Medium Pewter Brads and Mounting Tape

2 comments:

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Karen. And it'll make a wonderful graduation card. (Like the new look of your blog!)
Lynn

Chris said...

I love this! The colors, layers, the dragonfly...beautful!