Thursday, May 13, 2010

Country Flowers


I think I just fell in love with my new favorite stamp. I'm a country girl at heart and something about this gorgeous Country Flowers digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop calls my name. Today's card was created for this weeks Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #7. The challenge is to create any card using ribbon which I love and will be the first to admit that I have a HUGE stash of ribbon. So much so that I actually took the time to sort it into containers by color some time ago.

My Country Flowers card base is a half sheet of Disclosure Couture Cardstock folded in half. Next I cut a slightly smaller piece of Sahara Sand cardstock and layered it with a 2 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Pebbles patterned paper. I wrapped Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon around it and tied the ends down on the back side. I added two Copper Decorative Brads in the upper left corner before attaching this layer to the card base with mounting tape.

The Country Flowers digital image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced the edges then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Disclosure cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I made a pretty bow using more of the Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and poked a shimmery Leaf Trinket Pin throught the center. To finish off the card I added a sparkly butterfly embellishment next to the bow.

Hope you have a beautiful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Country Flowers (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Disclosure (Couture Cardstock), Sahara Sand and Pebbles Patterned Paper (Crate Paper Brook Collection)
  • Ink: Kiwi Kiss and Copics T2, T4, BG11, BG13, E44, E47, E49 and SU Blender Pen
  • Other: Kiwi Kiss Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Butterfly Embellishment, Leaf Trinket Pin, Copper Decorative Brads (Making Memories), Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

18 comments:

Katja of Katzz said...

So beautifull!!!Like the puncture holes round the card! Try to do that some time. Is that a special technic?

Greetings,
Katja

Judy said...

I love this card. It has a very welcoming look to it, and I just love admiring it. Super job hun.

Hugs

Tami said...

Oh I love the butterfly and the layout

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful card Karen! The colors you chose are so calm and serene, love what you did with the ribbon, butterfly and leaf trinket pin, wow!

jimlynn said...

VERY pretty. Love that image too. So pretty. We actually have an old wagon wheel similar to that leaned up against a tree in our front yard!!!
Lynn

Monika Reeck said...

ADORABLE...lovely PP that fit with the color of your Images woow your card really fresh and clean dear....Love this...hugs, Monika

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card and I loved the different colors that you used....

Harriet

Pascale said...

Great bow and pin I love the way you have co ordinated everything hugs Pascale

Doreen said...

What a fantastic card your colouring is superb and I do love the image.xxx

Amber said...

Karen I adore your card. The digi is beautiful!! And I love your bow with the pin, perfect touch!
Hugs
Amber

Patty said...

I love everything about this card Karen. Love the colors, image and design! Just beautiful!!

Carrie said...

oh my I LOVE this. That wagon wheel propped on that fence is so cute. I love the corner detail on this card with the ribbon and buttefly...what a nice touch. Thanks for the images Karen, they came over the weekend, sorry I didn't tell you sooner.

lcamacho said...

I love this card,perfect colors and I love the brads,very cute.TFS

KymKreates said...

Everything about this card is sheer perfection right down to the paper piecing!!! Thank you!

auntbeespickles said...

Hi Karen, this is just beautiful! I love the teal flowers. Perfect match with the paper and the stick pin. Great job!

Michelle B said...

I absolutely LOVE this card! The layout, the paper, the way you did the ribbon! AWESOME job! I am a huge fan of your work!

Hugs,
Michelle B.

helloholley said...

This card is gorgeous....then again....I think all your stuff is gorgeous!! ;)

jo said...

So pretty! I love how you used the DDS stamp and the TE kit!