Thursday, May 20, 2010

Daffidills, For You


Hi everyone!  Hope you love Thursday's as much as I do.  I look forward to Thursday's because I get to share my favorite digital images with all of you!  Today's card was created for this week's Digi Doodle Shop's Best "Glitter and Sparkle" Challenge.  The challenge is to create any card using glitter or sparkle.  As you know, I don't usually use loose glitter on my cards so I decided to give my new Star Dust Stickles a try.

My card base is Rose Dark layered with a slightly smaller piece of Kiwi Kiss cardstock then paper pierced Acorn patterned paper.  The beautiful Daffidills image is from the Digi Doodle Shop and was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer then colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Rose Dark cardstock.  I wrapped 1/4" ribbon around the image and tied a bow in front before attaching to the card base with mounting tape.

The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Pale Plum cardstock using the Say It In Style stamp set.  To embellish the card I added two medium copper brads, one on each side of the sentiment and a button threaded with DMC White in the center of the bow.  In keeping with this weeks challenge I finished the card by adding Star Dust Stickles to the tips of the daffidills.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Daffidills (Digi Doodle Shop); Say It In Style (CTMH)
  • Paper: Rose Dark (Prism), Kiwi Kiss and Pale Plum (Stampin' Up), Acorn (BasicGrey Indian Summer Collection), and PTI White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics: RV95, R39, YG95
  • Other: Star Dust Stickles, 1/4" Ribbon (Offray), Button, DMC White, Medium Copper Brads, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

16 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

This is beautiful Karen! I love how your image perfectly coordinates with that pretty DSP!

Katja of Katzz said...

Very pretty Karen!!! Your cards are so beautifull!

Greetings,
Katja

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card and I love how you glittered up the inside of the daffodils.....

Harriet

Monika Reeck said...

Karen I love always your paper piercing and this coloring of the flower is SOOO Fabulous...Great Card dear....hope you see my Blog too...miss your lovely comment :) LOL

jimlynn said...

Very pretty! I know that it SHINES! Love your layout/piercing/everything!

lcamacho said...

Hello Karen,Oh I love the dp and the glitter looks great.Beautiful card,TFS.

Judy said...

Very nicely done Karen. It all just fits so well together. Another super job!!

Hugs

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Karen, this is so pretty!!

Paige said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors and the glitz!

Doreen said...

This is fabulous Karen,very pretty coloured beautifully.xxx

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your daffodils sparkle, what a neat idea to give them bling! Beautiful card today, Happy Thursday!

hayward69 said...

This is fantastic. Love how you have used glitter for the flower centres and the colours are lovely too.

Jayne xx

KymKreates said...

Fantastic!!!! The centers just jump out at you!!!! Once again top notch card!

Michelle B said...

Karen, I love this card! The color combo is great and it has the perfect touch of sprakle.

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Carrie said...

This is so pretty. Love your choice of colors and the use of the dp.

jo said...

This is so pretty, Karen! I love the colors! :)