Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gardening Bear


Hi everyone, hope your week is off to a great start! I have a super cute card to share with you today! The amazing digital image is from children's book author and illustrator, Elizabeth Dulemba.  I love the color combination I ended up with and hope you do too!

My card base is a half sheet of Not Quite Navy folded in half. Next I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of PTI White and layered it with a slightly smaller piece of More Mustard patterned paper then I added a strip of Treasured Brights patterned paper along the bottom to resemble grass. I wrapped grosgrain ribbon around it and tied a bow in front before attaching to the card base.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced the edges then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Not Quite Navy cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. to embellish the card I added two buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Gardening Bear (Elizabeth Dulemba)
  • Paper: Not Quite Navy, PTI White, Treasured Brights (Colorbok) and More Mustard (Stampin' Up Patterns Pack)
  • Ink: Copics BG09, YG17, R08, Y26, YR24, E55, E57
  • Other: Paper Piercing, Grosgrain Ribbon (American Crafts), Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

8 comments:

Carrie said...

What a great card. Love your color combos, I've never used not quite navy and I love it on your card. That image and coloring are great.

jimlynn said...

So cute, Karen. Love that little image too. He looks so happy!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling image and beautifully colores. I love NQN- one of my favorite CS colors! TFS

lcamacho said...

Oh this is soo cute.I love the colors and the image.

Deb Neerman said...

Omigosh, this is toooo cute! Love that adorable bear ... and you've colored him so beautifully! A darlin' creation!!

jo said...

So cute! :)

Tami said...

This is my kind of card. Love the colors and image.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a cute card, love that bear! I keep seeing the patterned paper with the grid lines, is it SU?