Monday, May 10, 2010

Just Buzzin' By


This is a card I created last summer as a "just because" card to send to the family! It is one of my favorite cards so I borrowerd it from my mother-in-law recently to take photos and post it on my blog to share with all of you!!!


My card base is a half sheet of Basic Black cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Yoyo Yellow cardstock and embossed it using my Cuttlebug and Swiss Dots Embossing Folder.  I wrapped 1" Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon around this layer and taped the ends down on the back side before attaching to the card base.

The shadow layer is a piece of Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of Creamy Caramel cardstock.  The image was stamped on Whisper White in Basic Black using the Just Buzzin' By stamp set and colored in using Stampin Write markers.  Using the Creative Memories Cutting System I cut out a circle and layered the image on to a slightly larger circle cut from Basic Black cardstock then attached it to the card base using mounting tape.

The bees were stamped in Basic Black on Whisper White using the same stamp set, cut out and colored using Stampin Write markers as well.  Using a 2-Way Glue Pen I highlighted the bees and bee hive with some matching yellow glitter.  I then added a bee on each side of the bee hive.  To further embellish the card I layered paper flowers and added a Clear Ripple Flower accent in the center.

Thanks for buzzin' by and hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Just Buzzin' By (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow, Creamy Caramel and Whisper White
  • Ink: Basic Black, Yoyo Yellow and Creamy Caramel
  • Other: Paper Flowers, 1" Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon, Clear Ripple Flower (Accent Creative Designs), Lemone Glitter, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Creative Memories Cutting System, 2-Way Glue Pen, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

8 comments:

Rose Petal said...

Hi Karen. I love this card. Great colour combination, very striking and effective. Fab image too. Perfect. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

Carrie said...

Love the ribbon and flower on here and the added touch of sparkle to your hive and bees is perfect.

jimlynn said...

Karen, this is so cute! I love that flower you used on this. So pretty. I also have this set and haven't inked it up lately! I think I need to do that. Yours is just great.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow girl, where'd you get that bling in your flower?! I love the layout and colors!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Oh, how cute, Karen! Love those bees and the glitter, what a great card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this- i have never used that set- it is still in the box new.....I love your darling card! Cute layout- love your flower too. TFS

jo said...

Too cute! :)

Chris said...

So cute! I love bees and black, yellow and white on a card! Your ribbon is the perfect compliment to your swiss dot paper. beauitful!