Monday, May 24, 2010

KLM Designs


Hi everyone! I have some really exciting news to share with all of you. I've been invited to join the KLM Designs Design Team for a four month term from June through September. I can't tell you how surprised and thrilled I was when Kathryn Myhre contacted me to share the exciting news. I'm really looking forward to sharing with you all the amazing digital images offered by KLM Designs and hope you will find them as inspiring as I do.

Today's beautiful card was created using the Fall Sunflowers digital image from KLM Designs. My card base is More Mustard layered with a slightly smaller piece of brown felt then paper pierced PTI White cardstock. The shadow layer is a 3 x 4 1/2 piece of Old Olive cardstock embellished with brown chipboard photo corners.

The Fall Sunflowers digital image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced the edges before layering on to a slightly larger piece of brown felt then More Mustard cardstock. I wrapped organza ribbon around the image and tied a bow in front before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. To finish off the card I added a button threaded with DMC White to the center of the organza bow.

Hope you have an exciting day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Fall Sunflowers (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: More Mustard, Old Olive, PTI White and Brown Felt
  • Ink: Copics YR23, E57, YG95, YG97
  • Other: Chipboard Photo Corners (JoAnn's), Paper Piercing, Organza Ribbon (Offray), Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

13 comments:

Carrie said...

Big Congrats to you Karen. That's awesome and so is this card. Love your layout and colors, your coloring is superb.

Our Little Inspirations said...

Congrats are in order, WTG!! This card just sings to me! I love the tilted image, and the cornered panel looks wonderful, but those flowers are colored beautifully!

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Karen many thanks for visiting my card with flowers n pot....I love always your pircing it is always so neat ...my one is not like yours Karen...but I like doing piercing too...hope to see you again on the next card :)

Lovely color combo on your card and love that yummy ribbon...nice always see your piercing on your card....hugs

xiumaiyuki said...

Congrats and what a BEAUTIFUL card!!! I love all the flowers and yes, that sunflower is stunning!

Mary G. said...

Karen, this is beautiful! Great colors and I love that image- and you colored it beautifully!!!! TFS!

paperpedaler said...

All the layering of paper, ribbons, etc. is very eye-catching.

Michelle VP said...

congrats on your DT news! Love the sunflower image and how you tilted the mat behind it. :)

Crafty Creations said...

Beautiful Karen! Congrats on joining the KLM design team!! Love the image, but also all the piercing!! Looks really great :)
Maria

Sarah said...

Congratulations on the DT appointment with KLM Designs!

Your cards are always so clean and bright and your coloring is perfect!

jo said...

So pretty! :) Love the colors! :)

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

great card...I love that image from KLM .... glad your blog is back like it is suppose to be....

Harriet

lcamacho said...

Congrats Karen,Im so excited for you.Have fun.And this card is so nice.I love that ribbon.TFS

Nordicblogger said...

Great card. Strong lines, great detail, and perfect color combinations.