Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day Bouquet


Hi, everyone, hope you are having a fantastic weekend so far! We are spending the afternoon celebrating a belated Mother's Day with my mom! She lives about 3 hours away so we are meeting half way for dinner, how sweet is that! Since I'm celebrating Mother's Day today I thought I'd wait and show you the card I'm giving her today as well.

The layout is from this week's OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #16. I simply turned the sketch on it's side. The card base is a half sheet of Pretty In Pink cardstock folded in half. Next I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock and layered it with a slightly smaller piece of patterned paper. I wrapped So Saffron grosgrain ribbon around it and tied a knot in front before attaching to the case base with mounting tape.

The shadow layer is a 2 x 3 1/4 piece of Pretty In Pink cardstock layered with a slightly smaller piece of paper pierced patterned paper. Both pieces of patterned paper are from a creative pad my niece gave me for Christmas a few years ago. And yes, I horde everything but see, I do eventually use it, LOL!!!

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White using the Sketch Flower Trio stamp and colored in using Stampin' Write Markers. I have to say that since using copic markers it is really hard to go back to using my Stampin' Write Markers. I paper pierced the edges, layered on to a slightly larger piece of Pretty In Ink cardstock and attached to the card base using mounting tape. To add some sparkle I couldn't resist adding a rhinestone at the center of each flower. To further embellish the card I added two yellow buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a beautiful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Sketch Flower Trio (Hero Arts)
  • Paper: Pretty In Pink, Whisper White and Nellie's Garden Creative Pad (Pebbles Inc)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Creamy Caramel, Certainly Celery, Pretty In Pink
  • Other: Buttons, DMC White, Kaiser Rhinestones, Grosgrain Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape 

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Beautiful colors Karen. Have a great day with your mom :)

Dora said...

Awww this is really pretty, I love your colour combination and the paper piercing ... it's so straight.. How do you do that? I never manage to get it like that!!! PS thank you for your comment on my blog. Hugs xxx

Yolanda said...

I love this card!

Patricia F said...

I like your take on the layout. Now I need to go make one like it!

Paige said...

This is a wonderful card! your mom will love it!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your pretty image, and you did a great job with the coloring. Pretty DSP and great embellishments- you tie a great bow! TFS

Jan Hunnicutt said...

NIce! I love the colors and your use of patterned paper. I need to use more ribbon!

Sew-Ink said...

Very pretty, love the layout and the colors are great!

Our Little Inspirations said...

You chose the perfect image and colors for your Mother's card! It's so pretty! I hope you shared a wonderful belated Mother's Day together :)

lcamacho said...

OH I know your mom had to love this card.It is so pretty.I hope you had a great dinner.

Patty said...

Beautiful card Karen! I love the background papers.