Monday, May 31, 2010

Ragga Mutts, Stanley


This handsome guy, Stanley, is a digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop Ragga Mutts Collection and is being sponsored on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog for the Operation Write Home Memorial Day Weekend Bloghop.  If you haven't been by there yet you will want to grab a comfortable chair and your favorite beverage because once you do you won't want to miss out on all the inspiration, tutorials and blog candy being offered on this amazing bloghop!  Last I heard there are 150 crafters participating in this great cause.

As for Stanley, my card base is Real Red layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White cardstock.  Next I cut a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Brocade Blue cardstock and embossed it using the Cuttlebug Stars Embossing Folder.  I cut and paper pierced the edges of a 1 1/2 x 5 strip of Chocolate Chip cardstock and wrapped red ribbon around it before attaching attaching it to the card base. 

The Ragga Mutts, Stanley, was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Say It In Style stamp set from CTMH.  I paper pierced around the edges and layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Real Red cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I made a pretty bow using more of the red ribbon and attached it to the card base using glue dots.

Hope you take a few moments to visit Stanley on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog and enjoy the bloghop while you are there!

Thanks for stopping by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Stanley (Digi Doodle Shop) and Say It In Style (CTMH)
  • Paper: Real Red, Brocade Blue, Chocolate Chip and PTI White
  • Ink: Copics R29, B93, B97, E71, E74, E77
  • Other: Paper Piercing, Ribbon, Stars Embossing Folder, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

20 comments:

Carrie said...

isn't this the cutest!! Love the star embossed bg, just picked up that folder the other day can't wait to play with it.

Karin said...

Your coloring on the dog is just marvelous! Love the embossed background too :) Thanks for playing again at I Love Digi!

Poppy said...

Very cute, like the colours.
Thank you for joining us at
I ♥ Digi
~*Poppy*~

Poppy said...

Very cute, like the colours.
Thank you for joining us at
I ♥ Digi
~*Poppy*~

Heather said...

This is darling! I love the embossing and the paper piercing. Wonderful clean layout.

Thanks so much for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Lindsey said...

This is such a cute image! I love the embossing on the backing papers. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz this week xx

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Stanley is just so cute..... I love your card.... the embossing and Stanley is so handsome....


Harriet

carol said...

super cute image, your card looks lovely, thanks for joining in with Craftycatz, x carol

lcamacho said...

What a cute image.I love it.TFS
I also like your new look for your blog

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous! What an adorable image!

Thanks so much for playing along in this week's Stamp Simply "Flying High and Proud" colors-of-your-flag challenge!

Chris said...

Awww, so cute! I just love dog images. The embossed background and matching star on his bandana are awesome!

Courtney K said...

i love what you did with Stanley!!

jimlynn said...

Stanley is precious!!! What a wonderful card.

Jeanette ♥ said...

Great card, love it

Hugs from Norway

Suzanne said...

Fab card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs
Suzanne x

Paul said...

Didn't think I 'needed' the star embossing folder but you have changed my mind!. Hope you enjoyed our challenge at I LOVE DIGI.
TFS
Paul

Vicki Dutcher said...

Stanley is AWESOME! You colored him perfect - thanks for playing with the B's 2x

jo said...

So cute! :)

Bev said...

fab image, he looks so sad, Thanks for joining us at I Love Digi.

Sprytebyrd said...

Love this card! Wonderful colors, of course and the image is adorable! Great layout and I love the embossed stars! Terrific!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi! I hope to see you again soon!
Dee (Spryte)