Monday, May 17, 2010

Rainy Day


Today I have a quick and easy card to share with you. The card was created for this week's OWH Stars and Stamps midweek challenge. The challenge is to create any card using this gorgeous Rainy Day digital image from Wink Wink Ink. The image comes pre-coloured or transparent. I used the pre-coloured image for this card and have to say I love the foggy sky and bright yellow rain coat. I also couldn't resist the cute froggy peaking out of the rain coat pocket.

My card base is Brocade Blue layered with a slightly smaller piece of Yoyo Yellow cardstock. Next I cut two 1 1/2 x 2 strips of Riding Hood Red cardstock and adhered them about 1" from each end of the card base. The Rainy Day image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and layered on to a slightly larger piece of Brocade Blue cardstock then attached to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added two red buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Rainy Day (Wink Wink Ink)
  • Paper: PTI White, Brocade Blue, Yoyo Yellow, Riding Hood Red
  • Other: Buttons, DMC White and Mounting Tape

7 comments:

Sarah said...

How cute, love the cheery colors! And a great way to create a quick card with a pre-colored digital image. Have to look into that myself!

debb said...

Love your card Karen!The paper colors set off the image so well!

lcamacho said...

Very cute image.And precoloring is a nice way to go.Thank for sharing.
Karen,thanks for updating the list.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Karen, this is so nice! I thought you colored the bear, your layout and colors are perfect!

Tammy said...

Adorable card Karen!! What a fun way to make a quick and easy card! I love the added buttons!

Carmen O. said...

Adorable! Love the buttons.

Tami said...

really cute love the colors.