Saturday, May 22, 2010

Stars For A Hero


I'm really proud of myself today for several reasons. The first is because I just shipped another box of cards off to Operation Write Home which means I met this month's goal to complete 50 cards and on top of that am still on pace to complete 600 cards in total this year, WAHOO!!!  The other reason I'm so stinkin' proud of myself is because I also included three Anyhero Cards in my shipment... granted they were all three the same card.

Instead of the card being blank on the inside for the heros to write home on, Anyhero Cards include a message inside for one of the many heros out there proudly serving and protecting our nation.  The inspiration for my Anyhero Cards came from this week's OWH Stars and Stamps stash challenge.  The challenge is to somehow use stars in making your card.

My card base is a half sheet of Handsome Hunter cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of patterned paper and layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock and attached it to the card base using mounting tape.  I printed this awesome star template on Handsome Hunter cardstock and cut out the middle sized star.

I punched out one star each of Close To Cocoa and Handsome Hunter using the Stampin' Up Large Star Punch and one small Chocolate Chip star using their Star Punch.  I added a medium gold star brad in the center of the Close To Cocoa star and attached it in the center of the large Handsome Hunter star using mounting tape.  I added a small gold star brad in the center of the small Chocolate Chip star and attached it in the center of the Handsome Hunter star also using mounting tape.  The letters for the word HERO were cut out using my cricut and the Base Camp Cricut Cartridge.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Paper: Handsome Hunter, Chocolate Chip, Close To Cocoa and patterned paper
  • Other: Small and Medium Gold Star Brads, Star Punch, Large Star Punch, Star Template, Base Camp Cricut Cartridge and mounting tape

9 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card- way to go getting all of those cards done! WOW!!!

jimlynn said...

I'm proud of you too Karen! This is wonderful and for such a wonderful cause. Great card.

Caro said...

I love that color combo for your stars card, would never have thought to use that but it really "works" :)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love it, camo! This is such a great card Karen & it's wonderful you have your goal met for OWH and are going strong for your 600 cards. Wow, that's a lot of cards!

Can't wait till next weekend's blog hop!

Brenda Brown said...

Just amazing Karen. I love this card and I can't believe how many cards you are making, that's dedication for you.
Thankyou for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment I really appreciate it.
Have a great week.
LOL Bxxxx

Dixie Cochran said...

Oh, I really like this card! The letters balance the stars so nicely!

lcamacho said...

what a great card for a Hero.I like the colors.TFS

Michelle VP said...

What a great card! My brother is a soldier and they so appreciate cards like this one. Way to go on meeting your card making and sending goals too! :) I'm going to follow your blog!

jo said...

Great card! :)