Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Wild Flowers


Howdy, my crafty friends!  I just noticed as I was looking back at some of my recent posts that I tend to pull one color from the card I just finished and carry it into the next card I create.  It may be hard to see this on my blog since I don't always blog my cards in the same order I create them but think it is really interesting to realize how my mojo flows!

Today's card was created using this week's OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #17.  The patterned paper appealed to me because it was bright and busy and sort of wild all at the same time.  My card base is a half sheet of Riding Hood Red cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a slightly smaller piece of PTI White and layered it with 2 x 4 and 2 7/8 x 4 pieces of patterned paper then attached it to the card base using mounting tape.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Flowers In Basket stamp and colored in using copic markers.  I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Riding Hood Red cardstock, wrapped dotted ribbon around it tying a knot in front then attached it to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added to pretty buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a wildly exciting day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Flowers In Basket (Great Impressions)
  • Paper: Riding Hood Red, PTI White and Patterned Paper
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics: E07, BG18, YG97, YG99
  • Other: Dotted Ribbon, Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

12 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

I love how you flipped the sketch to create this card! Those vivid colors just pop! Great card!!

Patty said...

I love bright and cheery and this is one fantastic card! I want that background paper...it's gorgeous!!

Cheryl said...

The colors in this card really "pop"...love the design choices!

Sarah said...

What cheerful flowers and an adorable ribbon.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Nice flowers for the sketch! I find myself using the same colors a lot too, sometimes it's hard to move on to something new. Have a good day!

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! I Love the trio of flowers and your dp is so bright and fun!!

Paula said...

I love that abstract background paper you chose and the dotted ribbon is so perfectly placed....great card as usual!

jimlynn said...

So pretty Karen....a very dynamic card! Love those colors too. Just a great, great, card.

helloholley said...

I love your color combo....this card is adorable!! ;)

Carrie said...

When I first looked at this I though you pieced that bg all together, didn't even realize it was dp. Beautiful card.

Betty said...

Cute cute cute... Love the colors :)

Wendy said...

Great Card! I love the colors and the ribbon. Nicely done.