Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bairds Bird


This cute little boy, Bairds Bird, is a digital image from KLM Designs. He looks so cool just hanging out! The layout I used to create this card is from the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #20. I'm a couple weeks late entering it in the sketch challenge but thought the layout was perfect for this card and decided to use it anyways.

My card base is a half sheet of navy cardstock folded in half. Sorry, I don't know the actual name of the cardstock, just that it is Bazzill. The rest of the card is layered on to a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of PTI Kraft cardstock and attached to the card base using mounting tape. On the PTI Kraft I layered a slightly smaller piece of Really Rust embossed using the Cuttlebug Herringbone Embossing Folder. Over that I added two 1 3/4 x 3 1/4 strips of PTI Kraft cardstock.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced the edges and layered on to a slightly larger piece of the Navy cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I wrapped Navy Grosgrain Ribbon around it, threaded the ribbon through an Aged Copper Ribbon Slide and tied a knot in the center. I also added the two buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have an awesome day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Bairds Bird (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Really Rust (Stampin' Up), Navy (Bazzill), PTI White and Kraft
  •  Ink: Copics B95, B97, E00, E08, E09, E43, E44, E47, G85, G99, YR23, YR24
  • Other: Buttons, DMC White, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Navy Grosgrain Ribbon, Aged Copper Ribbon Slide (Stampin' Up Hodgepodge Hardware), Cuttlebug Herringbone Embossing Folder, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

Just wonderful Karen! Love it.
Lynn

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a sweet image. I like the simple layout and colors in keeping with a boy card.

Becky said...

What a wonderful image. great card.

Debsg said...

Aww what a sweet image. Great card.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Karen I love your card, he's really cute! You did a beautiful job coloring him and the sketch and hardware are perfect!

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

What a beautiful card and the coloring is so perfect, your work is amazing.

carol said...

super card, thanks for joining in with SMC this week, x carol

Cheryl said...

Very sweet! I love the detail you added with the piercing and the slide on the ribbon.

Alissa said...

Great card, Karen! Love the sketch and the stitching around the image!

Ramona said...

Cute Cute Cutie Patootie! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

kim.mom said...

What a great card!!! Love your paper piercing!! TFS at SMC!

Heather said...

Adorable card. the piercing and buttons really make the card! Thanks for playing at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Carrie said...

What a sweet card Karen! Makes me think of my son :)

Martha said...

so adorable, thanks for playing with Charisma this week.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card- such a sweet image. Your coloring is awesome! TFS