Saturday, June 12, 2010

Beehive And Bear


Wow, I can't believe how fast this week has gone by!  I don't have anything on my schedule for this weekend other than house cleaning and stamping.  I'm going to try a brayering card to play with my new skills from the Zindorf class I went to last weekend.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out alright!  Today I'm popping in to share my Beehive and Bear card with all of you!

My card base is a half sheet of Frosted Yellow cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a slightly smaller piece of Suede Dark Brown cardstock, punched the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch and paper pierced around the edges before attaching to the card base.  The shadow layer is a 3 x 5 1/2 piece of PTI White finished on both sides using the Scallop Edge Punch then layered with a 2 x 5 1/2 piece of paper pierced Papaya Puree Medium cardstock.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Beehive And Bear stamp then colored in using copic markers.  I layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Frosted Yellow cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I layered different colored flowers and added a pretty button threaded with DMC White in the center.  To finish off the card I punched two pieces of Ruby Red cardstock with the Word Window punch, folded them in half and attached them along the edge of the card base using small gold brads.

Thanks for stopping by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Beehive And Bear (Great Impressions)
  • Paper: Ruby Red, PTI White and Frosted Yellow, Suede Dark Brown, Papaya Puree Medium (Prism)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics: Y21, YR12, E07, E08, E47, E49, YG63, YG67
  • Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, Word Window Punch, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Paper Flowers, Button, DMC White, Small Gold Brads, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

12 comments:

Shelley said...

Very pretty card

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

I absolutely love your card...what a cute image and great coloring.

Harriet

lcamacho said...

Hey Karen,I just love this stamp so cute!And your coloring is so perfect all the time.

jimlynn said...

So cute, Karen.....and I love that big flower! Wow.
Can't wait to see your card with the brayer....
Lynn

Paige said...

Great card! I love all the layering you did on here!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Oh Karen, this is really neat! I like the tabs on the right side made with that, that, that (?) Stampin' Up! punch I should know the name of because I have it! And the scallops and the way you took the corners off of the brown panel and the paper piercing too. Your coloring is beautiful too ;)

Annika said...

Gorgeous layout and colouring, lov the little details that finish the card off to the perfection! I love the way you use cardstock instead of patterned paper.
Hugs
Annika

Carrie said...

Another adorable card! I love how you used the window word punch, I love to use it on the edge of cards like hinges...(((HUGS))))

Jeanne said...

Such a nice card! I love the big flower.

Shraddha said...

Just loooved the stamp and the color!They are so apt!Beautiful card!

jo said...

Adorable! :)

Tami said...

I really like the colors, layout and image on this one:)