Thursday, June 10, 2010

Christian The Lion


Hi everyone!  Hope you are ready for the Digi Doodle Shop's Best "Tie It Up" challenge.  This week the challenge is to create any card using twine, string, floss, rafia or any other tying embellishment.  I couldn't resist using my Jute Twine along with this handsome King Of The Jungle digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop.  Did I mention that the Digi Doodle Shop is having another great special this month, 15% off all Father's Day and Vintage Stamps.  Also, get both Summer Fun Sets with any $5 purchase.

As for today's card... the card base is a 5 3/4 x 11 1/2 piece of Garden Green layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White cardstock.  Next I added three 1 1/2 x 5 strips of Bordering Blue cardstock evening spaced the a 2 x 5 1/2 strip of brown velvet.  The King Of The Jungle digital image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I love how majestic the lion looks laying there in all his glory! 

To create the scene I first stamped the rocks then stamped grass around the lion and rocks.  I colored the rocks to match the lion and the grass using copic YG67.  Masking the lion, I sponged Garden Green around the bottom half of the image.  For the sky I sponged Bordering Blue.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Garden Green cardstock.  To embellish the card I wrapped Jute Twine in the corner taping the ends down on the backside so it would stay in place then added a button threaded with Jute Twine.

Hope you have a majestic day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: King Of The Jungle (Digi Doodle Shop), Rocks & Grass Border, Grass (Stamps by Judith)
  • Paper: Bordering Blue, Garden Green, PTI White and Brown Velvet
  • Ink: Bordering Blue, Garden Green, Copics E55, E57, YG67
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Jute Twine, Button, Glue Dot and Mounting Tape

17 comments:

Pascale said...

Gorgeous Christian the lion looks so majestic in the scene you have created fab. Hugs Pascale

Carrie said...

Beautiful card, love how you created the scene here. If I tried to paper pierce my lines definitely wouldn't be as straight as yours lol

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Great card, Karen!! Hugs, Vera.

Monika Reeck said...

Karen woow I love our lion card and the panel behind the main Images is so great...Wonderful card Karen...hugs, Monika

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

LOve your card and "The Lion- King of the JUngle" is perfect..... so regal and strong....

Harriet

Katja of Katzz said...

I like your flowercards. But this also is a beauty of a card. Fantastic!

Greetings,
Katja

Judy said...

Hi karen,

This is a beautiful card. Lovely coloring and perfect for this challenge. LOVE IT!

Hugs
Judy

Paige said...

Very regal looking image! I liked that you gave measurements for the layout of this beauty! Thanks!

jimlynn said...

Super! I can almost hear the "roar"! Great card.
Lynn

lcamacho said...

Fabulous card!I love the scene.the lions looks so peaceful

KymKreates said...

wonderful coloring on your King. Purrrrrrrfect card!!!!

Jana said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors.

jo said...

So beautiful! Just in time for Father's Day! :)

Suz said...

Beautiful card!

Thanks for visiting my blog during the OWH hop & leaving such a sweet comment.

When I clicked on your name it took me straight to your blog & not to your blogger profile... how did you do that?

hayward69 said...

Your colouring is great and love the image you have chosen.

Jayne xx

Michelle B said...

Great use of this image, and of course I love your coloring.

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Amber said...

So elegant Karen! Fabulous coloring!
Hugs
Amber