Thursday, June 3, 2010

Daffidill Glory


Today's card was created for this week's Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #10 which is to create any card with a button.  I wasn't ready to set aside this beautiful daffidills image just yet so this week you get another daffidills card, LOL!!!  The layout for this gorgeous card is from the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #19.  I turned the sketch on it's side and enlarged the image to fit my daffidills image.

My card base is a half sheet of Desert Coral Dark cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a slightly smaller piece of PTI White and layered it with a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of Acorn Patterned Paper then a 1 1/2 x 3 3/4 strip of Candleglow Dark cardstock trimmed on one side using the Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors.  I wrapped grosgrain ribbon around this layer and tied a bow in front before attaching to the card base.

The gorgeous daffidills image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I punched the corners with the Ticket Corner Punch then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Desert Coral Dark cardstock.  After adding a small brad in each corner I attached the image to the card base using mounting tape.  To finish off the card I added a yellow button threaded with DMC White to the center of the bow.

Hope you have a glorious day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Daffidills (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Desert Coral Dark, Candleglow Dark, PTI White and Acorn (BasicGrey Indian Summer)
  • Ink: Copics YG95, E08, YR23
  • Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Small Brads, Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors, Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

19 comments:

Carrie said...

love the button and ribbon on here...my ribbon usually sits around collecting dust, thanks for inspiring me to use some.

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Great card.... I love it and the colors are beautiful together...

Harriet

Katja of Katzz said...

Again a beautifull flowercard you made. Like the bow and buttons!!1

Greetings,
Katja

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Simply beautiful!

hayward69 said...

This is lovely. I love the colour of the flowes used and the layout.

Jayne xx

Doreen said...

This is great.xxx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful card Karen. Love that button in the center of the ribbon. I never can get mine to look like that. So cute.

Judy said...

Hi karen,

Gosh this is just so pretty. You couldn'tve matched the ribbon color better if you tried. BEAUTIFUL!

Hugs

Monika Reeck said...

Love your coloring Karen...great PP and great Button with the ribbon...Awesome card dear...hugs, Monika

Pascale said...

Love the DP and the colours you have used for the image. Fab card hugs Pascale

Michelle B said...

I love the layout of this card and the color combo! Very cute as always!!

Hugs,
Michelle B.

Amber said...

Darling card! Love the dark red colors and the ribbon! Your blog looks great!
Hugs
Amber

Karen said...

Lovely Karen.
xx

Sandy said...

Love the color choices.

jo said...

So pretty! You do some fabulous things with the DDSB flowers! So perfect! :)

KymKreates said...

I love the colors you have used on this card. Just beautiful!

Patty said...

Yummy color combination!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

Wow! Nice coloring, I thought you printed the flowers in color! Great combo of challenges. This sketch looks nice with the ribbon and button.

Caro said...

Great colors, very cheerful card!