Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dew-Drop Rose


Hi everyone! Hope you had a marvelous Father's Day and were able to spend time with your loved ones! We spent the day with my in-laws celebrating not only Father's Day but also my sister-in-law and nephew's birthdays as well! We played our favorite card game, Shanghai and ate lots of pizza and chips for lunch then all sorts of treats for dessert in honor of the big day!

Today I want to share with you the card I created for the OWH Stars and Stamps midweek challenge "Bring Out Your Bling!" Since glitter makes our heroes detectable I love that Operation Write Home finds other ways for the cardmakers to add glitz to their cards without using glitter. And of course, I have a HUGE stash of bling so I couldn't resist playing along this week.

My card base is a half sheet of Basic Black cardstock folded in half. Next I cut a slightly smaller piece of PTI White, paper pierced the edged then layered it with a 2 3/4 x 4 strip of paper pierced Pink Pirouette. The scallop circle was die cut and embossed from Wild Wasabi cardstock using the Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities. I wrapped Black Grosgrain ribbon aound it and tied a beauiful bow in front before attaching to the card base.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Dew-Drop Rose stamp and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced the edges then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added Star Dust Stickles to the dew drops on the rose, medium Kaiser Rhinestones along the circles scallop edge and two black buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a fabulous day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Dew-Drop Rose (Heartfelt Creations)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, Pink Pirouette and PTI White
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R20, R30, G82, G94
  • Other: Star Dust Stickles, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, 3/8" Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Buttons, DMC White, Kaiser Rhinestones, Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape 

7 comments:

Laura said...

Cute card karen,I'm glad you had a great time with your family.Thats always nice to do.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Karen, Your bling card is beautiful! I like your pink and green together and the paper piercing is wow!

Happy Father's Day!

Carrie said...

Wow Karen this is beautiful. Love the bling on her and the colors, wild wasabi is one of my favs. I really like the lg scallop behind the image too.

Crafty Creations said...

Hey Karen! This is terrific!! Love how clean and crisp the card is! The bling is fabulous too along with your coloring!!! WOW!
Just became a follower too!
Maria

Paige said...

I also love how clean and crisp this card looks! And you can't go wrong with plenty of bling! Awesome!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the layout and colors you used- the flower is pretty and love the bling!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Beautifully done, love your paper piercing and bling!