Saturday, June 19, 2010

Moonbear


Hi everyone!  Hope you have lots of fun things planned for the weekend.  We are celebrating two birthdays and Father's Day this weekend so I thought I'd pop in quick while I had a chance to share this cute card I made.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this image when I first saw it but then I came across this awesome patterned paper and knew it was perfect as a sky background to the cute bear hanging over the moon.  And of course, since the patterned paper has stars I couldn't resist embellishing with a couple of them!

My card base is So Saffron layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then patterned paper.  I've had this patterned paper forever and wish I could remember who it is from, sorry!  I pulled it out thinking to use it for a patriotic card but thought it looked really cut with this image too!  The shadow layer is a 2 3/4 x 4 strip of So Saffron finished on both sides using the Scallop Edge Punch.  I wrapped the ribbon around it and tied a bow in front before attaching to the card base.

The Moonbear is a digital image from KLM Designs that I printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges, layered on to a slightly larger piece of PTI Kraft cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I punched out three stars from PTI Kraft cardstock and added a small button threaded with DMC White in the center of each.

Hope you have a great weekend!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Moonbear (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: So Saffron, White and Kraft (PaperTrey Ink) and patterned paper
  • Ink:  Copics Y21, E44, E47
  • Other:  Scallop Edge Punch, Star Punch, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Buttons, DMC White, Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

8 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

This is such an adorable image and I love the colors! Have a fun weekend :)

Melanie Holzwarth said...

I love this card, such a sweet design, and I think I have some of that PP too!

jimlynn said...

Super card Karen. LOVE that DP too. Just great.
Have a fabulous weekend. Sounds like you'll be busy!
Lynn

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your bear over the moon, is over the moon, I love it! The way you used the punched stars with buttons is wonderful! The patterned paper is nice too, wish I had some ;)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Great card- love this sweet image and I really enjoy the colors that you used- love the star BG and the stars you added. TFS!

Laura said...

Oh Karen,this is adorable.I love it!That Dp really looks perfect for this image.

Carrie said...

I agree the paper is a perfect back drop for this image. Love the little star and button too.

Crafty Creations said...

Love the star background. Works perfectly with this card!! I love to see this ribbon in action too! I buy a lot of it when it's on sale at Michaels!
Nice work :)
Maria