Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Craft Room

OK, here it is, the long awaited sneak peak into my creative space! I finally cleaned out my craft room and took some awesome photos to share with all of you!!! The decorative theme in my room is PANDAS! I love panda bears and the family has helped me accumulate various stuffed animals and knick knacks to decorate my room with. My husband deserves all the credit for the beautiful furniture. He custom built my craft table and all the shelving over the past several years as my stamping obsession has grown. He's even modified my desk a couple times over the years. A HUGE thanks to my awesome husband for the beautiful furniture... and for enabling my stamping addiction, LOL!!!

This first photo is a glimpse of my craft room from the doorway! It is hard to tell in this photo but the curtains are a bamboo print (a beautiful gift from my mother-in-law!!!) In the material are golden highlights which match the color of paint on the walls! 


As you come into my room picture scanning the room from left to right. This is one of the more recent shelves my husband built to hold all my Stampin' Up rubber stamps and wheels. I've organized the stamp sets by size inside the baskets which I need to redo now because I can never find anything. I used to have them organized by type (i.e. flowers, backgrounds, holiday, etc.) My next project, right!!!


I had to share this photo because I love the panda photo on the wall and below it is my button collection sorted by color! The shelving you see on the right side of the photo is my display case. At the moment it seems to have more candles and envelopes than anything. 


The shelving in this next photo is actually the first shelving my husband built for me. I LOVE the paper slots and have 6 columns of 12 or 72 total slots... still doesn't seem like enough, LOL! On the bottom shelves are more wood mounted stamps from some of my other favorite stamp companies. The blue containers hold all my glitter and are on the top shelf so I remember not to use them on any Operation Write Home cards!  


This next photo is of the largest and most recent shelving my husband built for me, it is on the right hand side of the room. The bottom shelf was built first, about 3-4 years ago and holds all my patterned paper. That was during a time when I was making cards way faster than I was able to use them and decided to give scrapbooking a try. I've scrapbooked most of our vacation pictures and along the way accumulated a ton of patterned paper. Back then I hadn't yet discovered the joys of using patterned paper on my cards. Now I can't picture making a card without using patterned paper!!!

The top shelving holds all my $.88 Wal-mart containers I picked up years ago to organize stuff. They now hold all my ribbon and flowers sorted by color. In the middle is my cricut, punches, hardware stash and a bunch of other stuff it will probably take me the rest of my life to use, LOL!!!



So now we've made a full sweep of the room and are in the center of the room looking at my craft table! On the left are my new copic organizers, LOVE them! The drawers hold things like my tools, sponges, pens, markers and other little stuff I like to keep handy! On each end of the craft table are extensions that come up to give me more working space.


During the week we try to spend a couple nights in my craft room but also love watching several TV series so this is our compromise! My husband has a little table and chair he slides in next to my desk and either spends time on the laptop surfing for coins and nascar stuff or works on logging the numerous coins he finds on ebay!


And if you look real close at the bottom center of this photo you will be able to see my Little Guy, Slater!  He passed away a year ago February but still holds a very special place in my craft room!

Thanks for stopping by... hope you have a purr-fect day!

31 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

WOW!! You are so fortunate to have a hubby who can build you all this fabulous furniture! This is truly a crafters dream!! TFS!

Scrapping Mom said...

Absolutely wonderful room.... I am so jealous...

Anonymous said...

OMG, It looks Great, I love the wall color. It looks like a room you never want to leave, No wonder your card are so lovely.
Kris

Patty said...

Beautiful room Karen! Jim is so talented! I could only hope that Steve could do anything like that! Love, love, love your room!!

Cheryl said...

Wow talk about organized!! That space looks great...I love that your hubby comes in there with you to be together...someday when one of the kids moves out ill have to try this!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow Karen, I love your organized space! Can I come over?! It was really cool to take a virtual tour with you.

It's so nice to have a husband who can build things for you! Mine has been a wonderful help with making things to hold my goodies too.

I like the way you 2 spend time in your craft room together. Thanks for sharing your space with us.

Monica said...

Your room is gorgeous! I love all the organizational pieces you have. I just bought those copic marker holders and LOVE them. I need to order two more!

jo said...

Your room is fabulous! I'm so jealous of your organizational skills! :) Love it! :)

Carrie said...

Ok Karen I'm WAY JEALOUS of your craft space. That is so fabulous. You think your hubby can come to WV and redo my storage to look like yours LOL

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Wonderful craft and you are so lucky to have a husband that can make all those cabinets and desks for you.... They are absolutely wonderful... thank you for sharing.....

lcamacho said...

OMG!!!!I Love love love your room.I'm sooooo jealous.This is what I need.Maybe I would get in a creative mood.

Chris said...

Wow, you are so fortunate to have this space and all the organization! Very cool!

Hev said...

Hiya
Karen I love your craft room. Can I please borrow your husband? I've only just moved into my craft room at home, which I already know is nowhere near big enough so I'm going to have to come up with some really ingenious storage solutions.
Luv Hev xx

SandraW said...

OMG! This looks great! And all the stuff you have... *jealous*
What a great place to enjoy your creative processes! Awesome!

Hugs, Sandra

Thea said...

Hi Karen,

This is beautiful, i am already very glad with my little craftroom. Sometimes my husband makes storages for me. I saw your storage for the copics!!! My hubby will see this and then i look at him ...... ;-)

Thanks for sharing.
Have a nice weekend!
Hugs
Thea

Caryl P said...

Wonderful! I've just discovered this (thanks to your helpful tabs) and am quite inspired. I'm looking to redo my space and make it workable this summer, so this is getting bookmarked. Thanks!

Pankti said...

Wow... What an amazing craft room... You are lucky to have this big craft area... Being in Bay Area, California I can just dream of having my own craft room...

Andrea said...

i want one! love, andrea

Pamela Bagdonas said...

wow what an awsome room...To have something like that I can only dream about. Hooked on doing cards but if I had that I would never come out. Beautiful and you are fortunate to have a husband that had the time and talent. way to go. love your cards as well.

Marian Garcia, Studio M said...

OMG! You're a lucky gal. I'll be back to drewell.

xo, Marian

Betty said...

Oh Wow Karen i am green with envy!!!!!
Its a fantastic craft room so well organised and what a fab hubby you have.
I love it. x x

L00py's Craft Creations said...

Karen hun,
any chance I could borrow hubby for a bit........ Dad's been building me a unit for over 12 mths, and its still no closer to completion!!!
Love the craft room, want to swap Houses?

Sivic said...

Wow,wow and wow!!!!
So fantastic craft room you have, I love it!!!!
Lucky you : )

Mignonnn said...

Your room is... wow.. Amazing..
I know a few other girls said it to.. butt i´m soo jealous.

Grtz
Mignon

scn said...

WOW that is amazing
What a great room
Which I was a Quarter as organized
susie

Надежда said...

Какое богатство, я даже не мечтаю о таком! Очень разумно организовано пространство, здорово. Наверное, творить в такой комнате одно удовольствие?
What riches, I don't dream at all of the such! The space, fine is very reasonably organized. Probably, to create in such room it is a pleasure?

Giftarts said...

A dream craft room for me... lovely room... well organised... neat & clean...

Carole RB said...

OMG I love your craft room. I wish mine looked like yours

✿LemonBella✿ said...

Fantastic craft room! I wish you neverending inspiration :)

Laura said...

Wow Karen, your husband is talented!! I bet you can't thank him enough. Beautiful space and beautifully organised. Lucky you!
Laura xx

Kavitha Vadhri said...

wow very organised room, thanks for your comments on my blog