Saturday, June 5, 2010

Spring Flowers


I'm bouncing off the walls with excitement because this afternoon I'm attending the beginners Brayer Workshop by Michelle Zindorf, WAHOO!!! I love her cards and am really looking forward to learning a new technique. Hopefully soon I will be sharing some brayering cards with all of you!

This beautiful card was created for the OWH Stars and Stamps stash challenge, "Pot of Gold". The challenge is to use anything gold in making your card... anything gold that is not or does not have glitter that is. I'm a HUGE fan of hardware embellishments so I immediately dug out all things gold in my craft room and came across this gorgeous gold filigree I got several years ago (back in my scrapbooking days) and decided to finally put it to use! No sense in hanging on to it just because I love it, right!

My card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White cardstock. Next I cut 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Blush Blossom cardstock, cut the edges using the Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors, embossed it using the Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder and attached it to the card base. The strip is a 1 x 5 1/2 piece of gold foil cardstock. I wrapped white grosgrain ribbon around it and tied a beautiful bow in front then before attaching to the card base.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Spring Flowers stamp and colored in using copic markers. I paper pierced around the edges, layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock and attached to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I took a white paper flower and colored it black using my inkpad and a sponge. I then punched a smaller flower out of Blush Blossom cardstock and layered it in the center of the black flower using a gold flower filigree and small gold brad.

Hope you have an exciting day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Spring Flowers (Great Impressions)
  • Paper: Basic Black and Blush Blossom (Stampin' Up), PTI White and Gold Foil Cardstock
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics R30 and G12
  • Other: Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors, Paper Piercing, Paper Flowers, Flower Punch (EK Success), Gold Filigree, Small Gold Brads, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Cuttlebug Textile Embossing Folder

12 comments:

Paula said...

Beautiful card Karen. I had never even considered deckling the edge before embossing. Thanks for the idea!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Karen your card is gorgeous! I'm excited that you're going to a brayer class too, I can't wait to see all the cards you're going to create with brayering next! Have fun!

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

OMG I am so envious..... I have been watching her blog since forever and admiring her creations ..... she never comes close to me ...

Harriet

jimlynn said...

Oh Karen, I wish I was going with you! Can't wait to see all of your creations using the brayer!
This card today is just wonderful. So pretty.
Lynn

Lynn said...

So pretty! The little bits of gold are just perfect!

Carrie said...

Wish I was going with you, you'll have to let us know how it goes :) Beautiful card, love that flower on here too.

helloholley said...

Beautiful.....I would love to take a class with Michelle,too. Have fun!

Cindi (aka iring) said...

So pretty! Just enough gold! Thanks for your comment on my blog and the tip about my pearlescent paint. I think I'll rub my finger over it to see if any shimmer rubs off!

Sandy said...

Lovely card! I just love gold!

Never been to a class before. Can't wait to see what you learn!

Marcy K said...

Very pretty card Karen! Love it! Hope you enjoyed Michelle's workshop. I attended one here in Ohio last year and it was absolutely wonderful! It's such great fun to spread those creative wings and learn something new!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this pretty card- your touches of gold are awesome! Oh how fun- I loved the Zindorf class- and cannot wait to see your cards on your blog- or your take on a brayered class.

lcamacho said...

Adorable card!I love the gold touch