Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sweet Of You


Today I want to share with you the card I created for the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #21.  I had lots of fun creating this card because I got to use all my favorite things... lots of layers, paper piercing, ribbon, buttons and of course, mounting tape, LOL!!!  I also fell in LOVE with this patterned paper and am on a mission to see how many cards I can make with a 12 x 12 sheet of patterned paper.  So far I've made 3 cards and have enough paper leftover for one more so I hope you like this paper as much as I do.

My card base is a half sheet of Basic Black cardstock folded in half.  The rest of the card was created on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of PTI White and attached to the card base using mounting tape.  On the PTI White I layered a slightly smaller piece of Baja Breeze cardstock then six 1 3/4 x 1 1/2 pieces of Generations patterned paper.  I wrapped 5/8" So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon around the cardstock and tape the ends down on the back side before attaching to the card base.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI Whtie using the Sweet Of You stamp set and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges and layered on to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black then attached the image to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I made a Single Tied Bow using the same ribbon and attached it using glue dots.  I added a button threaded with DMC White in the center of the bow.

Hope you have a very sweet day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Sweet Of You (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, PTI White and Generations (Momenta, A Family Affair Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics Y32, R39, BG72, BG75
  • Other: Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, 5/8" So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots, Mounting Tape 

11 comments:

Carrie said...

I LOVE what you did with this sketch. That paper you paired with this image works beautifully.

Our Little Inspirations said...

The DP you used really is fabulous, and your card looks amazing! You have such a keen eye for color and I love what you've done with this week's sketch!

MiamiKel said...

Now this has some WOW factor! The paper is stunning, as is your layout and color choice - a stunner!

stampinbygenny said...

Love the color combination and the patterned paper.
TFS

Debsg said...

Such cute plants. Great colours and love the background.

Elin K. said...

Just popping in from SCS - love your work! Your bows rock, too. :)

Patty said...

Oh my gosh...I love that background paper! Cute card!

Faith S. said...

Your card is stunning!! I LOVE the colors! Gorgeous!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

You rocked your OWH sketch, I love the ribbon you added to it. I have to learn how to put the button on the ribbon. I tried the other day and it just doesn't look like yours!

What are you doing with word verification? You know I can't spell...

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- gorgeous combination of papers + DSP you used- beautiful coloring!

Tina said...

Lovely cards, you are very talented