Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Trendy Trees


I've had this Trendy Tree stamp set for some time now but for the life of me can't create a card I really like with it so I browsed the SCS Gallery and found this really cute card to CASE. I changed the colors... also didn't have enough ribbon to make a bow so I added a paper flower instead. All in all, I think it turned out OK!

My card base is a half sheet of Chocolate Chip cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of PTI White and layered it with a slightly smaller piece of Real Red cardstock.  I die cut the Top Note Sizzex Die from PTI White and Chocolate Chip cardstock, trimmed the Chocolate Chip Top Note and layered it on the PTI White Top Note.  The trees were stamped in Real Red and Chocolate Chip using the Trendy Trees stamp set.  Can you believe that after four tries my tree trunks are still way off from the tree tops, LOL!!!

I love this sheer green ribbon but didn't have enough for a bow so instead wrapped it around the Top Note and taped the ends down on the back side before attaching the Top Note to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added a matching paper flower finished with a red button threaded with DMC White in the center.  The layout is super cute so I will have to try it with a different image and more ribbon!

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Trendy Trees (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Real Red and PTI White
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip, Real Red
  • Other: Top Note Sizzex Die (Stampin' Up), Sheer Ribbon, Paper Flower, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

This is super cute! I love the colors you used and the split colors on the top note! The only way I finally learned how to line up those tree trunks was to use a stamp-a-ma-jig. Works perfectly every time!

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

I love your card.... Trendy trees is a favorite....

Harriet

Patty said...

I love your card Karen! I think the color scheme is gorgeous. Your cards are always so beautifully made!

Sarah said...

Great CASEd card! Love your color choices!

jimlynn said...

I think it came out great! So cute.
Lynn

Carrie said...

Trendy trees is such a great set. What a sweet and simple card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card...I have never used mine either- it is great that you challenged yourself! TFS

Paige said...

I love the layout for this cute card! TFS!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I think your card turned out beautifully, I like the layering you did on it. I've had stamps that have taken me a few years to "grow into".

Jeanne said...

Better than OK ... Super cute!

jo said...

Super cute! That was one set I wanted to pick up before dropping my SU! demo status. I love what you did with it!