Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Umbrella For All Showers


When I first saw this digital image I wasn't too sure what I would create with it then I came across this patterned paper and knew I wanted to use it with this Umbrella.  I think the flowers in the Umbrella go beautifully with the pattern in the paper.  The yellow was as close a match as I could find in my copic stash and hope it looks OK!  The Umbrella For All Showers is a digital image I got from KLM Designs.

My card base is Purely Pomegranate layered with a slightly smaller piece of Baja Breeze then a 2 1/4 x 4 piece of Generations patterned paper.  The decorative edge is a piece of Purely Pomegranate die cut using the Fleur De Lis Borderabilities.  I wrapped Poly Fleur White Ribbon around the Baja Breeze cardstock and taped the ends down on the backside before attached to the card base with mounting tape.  I made a matching bow with the same ribbon and attached it in front using glue dots.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using the Standard Circles Large Nestabilities and layered it on to a piece of Purely Pomegranate I die cut using the Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilites.  After layering the two together I attached the image to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added Pearl Dew Drops along the Fleur De Lis border and one in each of the upper corners.

Hope you have a bright, sunny day!  I'm off to take my new umbrella for a spin... until next time!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Umbrella For All Showers (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Baja Breeze, PTI White and Generations (Momenta, A Family Affair Collection)
  • Ink: Copics R39, Y32, YR23, BG72, BG75
  • Other: Fleur De Lis Borderabilities, Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Standard Circles Large, Poly Fleur White Ribbon (Offray), Pearl Dew Drops, Mounting Tape and Glue Dots

5 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

There's that pretty DP again! I love every card you've used with it so far! Gorgeous colors!

Ira said...

What a gorgeous card Karen, just love it! Thanks also for leaving me such a nice comment on my blog, I loved reading it! Take care, ~Ira

jimlynn said...

So pretty Karen! AND we actually need it here today as it's raining cats and dogs!
Lynn

Paige said...

Beautiful card Karen!

Carrie said...

I'll just say GORGEOUS!! Totally agree, the flowers on the umbrella do go great with the dp and this card could be used for so many things too.