Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Baby Bluebirds


Hi everyone!  This cute card was created using the Baby Bluebirds stamp from Heartfelt Creations although at the time I created it I thought the birds were little sparrows, LOL!  I'll just have to create another card to share later on with the right colors for Baby Bluebirds!  The layout for this card was inspired by this week's OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #26.

The card base is PTI Kraft layered with a slightly smaller piece of Ruby Red then Brown Bazzill cardstock.  The shadow layer is a 1 3/4 x 5 1/2 strip of Wild Wasabi.  I wrapped Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon around the strip and taped the ends down on the backside before attaching to the card base. 

The image was stamped on PTI White in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Baby Bluebirds stamp and colored in using copic markers.  I punched each corner using the Ticket Corner Punch, added a small silver brad in each corner then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of PTI Kraft before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.

To embellish the card I made a small bow using the Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon and attached it using a glue dot.  I also added two red paper flowers and finished them with a small silver brad in the center.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Baby Bluebirds (Heartfelt Creations)
  • Paper: Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, PTI White, PTI Kraft, Brown Bazzill
  • Ink: Copics E07, E43, E44, E47, G82, G94
  • Other: Real Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Small Silver Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Red Paper Flowers, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

Oh so cute! And your coloring is fantastic. Great.
Lynn

Alissa said...

I still think you have the best color matching skills on the planet. It's unreal how all of your cards come out so perfect. You can always pick out a Karen Howard card. :)

Laura said...

What a cute card,Karen.I love your coloring.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the birds image and love your card! TFS

Sandy said...

Adorable - even if they're sparrows! lol. I'm glad it's not just me doing things like that!

Hope you're having a good week!

Robin said...

Adorable card!
I love the birds and the colors you chose for it too

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow, I love what you did with the sketch, your card is gorgeous!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Great job with this sketch, Karen. I have such a hard time using kraft cardstock and I love the way your card turned out, so very pretty.