Saturday, July 10, 2010

Beach Globe


This card has me wanting to make a trip to the beach! Anyone live near the ocean... I'll pack my bags lightning quick and be on my way, LOL!!! The Beach Globe is another fun digital image I got from KLM Designs. I had stamped and cut out the letters KLM and attached them to the globe base but then thought... if I send this card to OWH what are the chances that someone will have the initials KLM and want to send this back home so I took the letters back off again. It is the thought that counts, right!

As for my card, the base is PTI Kraft layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then Chocolate Chip cardstock. I embossed a 2 x 4 strip of Buckaroo Blue cardstock using the Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder then cut one edge using the Wave Scissors before attaching to the card base.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers. I punched each corner using the Ticket Corner Punch then layered on to a slightly larger piece of PTI Kraft. I added a small copper brad in each corner before attaching to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I added three brown buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have lots of fun at the beach this summer!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Beach Globe (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip, PTI White and PTI Kraft
  • Ink: Copics R24, R46, B91, B95, E43, E44, E47
  • Other: D'Vine Swirls Embossing Folder, Wave Scissors, Small Copper Brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

6 comments:

Alissa said...

This card has me wanting to take a trip to the beach, too. That's a really cute image. I also like how you put everything together. I have had a card sitting around for weeks while I try to figure out how to finish it - you just helped me. Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Karen: I don't live near the beach, but I have a boat on a lake... I love that image. I just might have to add it to my stash. LOL! Oh! and because of you, I HAD to purchase a piercing template. Your cards are always so beautiful. Have a nice day! ~Robin

Laura said...

Oh I love this Image.I love how you embossed the blue cs.TFS

Carrie said...

ahhh the beach, wish I was there right about now. Love this card and the embossed cs behind the image is perfect addition for this beachy theme.

JessicaLynn said...

VERY CUTE!!!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

Nope, I'm not near the ocean, but I wish I was closer. I haven't been to the shore in 10 years!

Super cute card and I really like how you did the waves, great job!