Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Beautiful Swan


Hi everyone!  I have to admit that I fell in LOVE with this beautiful stamp as soon as I saw it.  The Swans are a digitial image from the Digi Doodle Shop and the card was created for this week's Digi Doodle Shop's Best Challenge #14 to use Circles or Dots on your card.  After I finished the card I realized I could have used my Swiss Dots Embossing Folder on the background to go along with this week's challenge but oh well, it's a little late now, LOL!

My card base is a half sheet of Basic Black cardstock folded in half.  The rest of the card was created on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock attached to the card base using mounting tape.  I love doing this because it gives the card a lot of dimension.  On the Wild Wasabi I layered a slightly smaller piece of PTI White embossed using the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder.  I went with this embossing folder thinking to make the background look like water.

The shadow layer is a 1 3/4 x 4 strip of Wild Wasabi cardstock distressed on all sides.  The Swans image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using my Standard Circles Large Nestabilities then layered the image on to a piece of Basic Black die cut using the Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilites.  The image was then attached to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I made a bow using 5/8" Whtie Satin Ribbon and finished it off with a black button threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a beautiful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Swans (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Wild Wasabi, PTI White
  • Ink: Copics B91, B95, E47, G94
  • Other: D'vine Swirls Embossing Folder, Standard Circles Large Nestabilities, Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Edge Distresser, Satin Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

19 comments:

Patty said...

I love the colors you used together on this card Karen! Very nice!!

Judy said...

Karen hun, I wouldn't change one little thing about this card. It's totally gorgeous! I LOVE IT!

Hugs
Judy

Monika Reeck said...

Love your Big CIRCLE Karen soo lovely Images and soo lovely coloring...oh dear...love your card really amazing me...

jimlynn said...

WOW! What a gorgeous card Karen. So pretty.
Lynn

Katja of Katzz said...

Your cards are allways perfect!!! Fantastic!!!

Greetings, Katja

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

I love the swan image too and you did a beautiful job with it.....

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! What a beautiful image and I love the colors!

Pascale said...

Oh wow this is so perfect. I love how you get such a great look everytime Karen. I love the bow. Hugs Pascale

Martha said...

how adorable, great card.

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

So pretty and peaceful, lovely.

hayward69 said...

What a really lovely card. Great colouring with the swan image and love the embossing you have done.

jayne xx

Karen said...

Really lovely Karen. I love this image too.

xx

Nancy said...

Stunning card... beautifully coloured!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

This is a lovely image. I like the blue background for the water.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Very pretty image and love your colors. The L.O. is wonderful. TFS

KymKreates said...

exquisite!!! I saw one of these 2 days ago on the lake and yours matches him perfectly!

Jóna said...

Hi Karen !
I'm on my first blog visit to the DS at the DDSB. You have great blog and great creations !!
I love this images you use here :o) I have one card waiting, with this item, The swans are so beautiful.
Hugs, Jóna (Yona)

jo said...

This is just gorgeous! :0

Amber said...

Such an elegant card Karen! You have a beautiful creative style!
Hugs
Amber