Saturday, July 17, 2010

Best Wishes Penguin


Hi everyone!  I have some exciting news to share with all of you!  I've been looking for a blog that lists all the fun challenge blogs out there along with what the current challenge is so I don't have to spend so much time keeping track of it.  Well, the blog may be out there somewhere but I haven't found it just yet and have finally given up looking for it.  Instead I created a sister blog (my dream challenge blog) to do just that myself. 

So I present to you my sister blog, FELINE PLAYFUL.  Each day (or as time allows) I will visit and update the challenge blogs listed.  I'm still in the process of adding challenge blogs as I visit them and read their rules so the list of blogs will grow over time.  If you too love entering your creative projects in as many challenges as possible then FELINE PLAYFUL is purr-fect for you!

Today I have a really fun card to share with all of you!  The little penquin is the Best Wishes Penguin digital image from KLM Designs that is so very easy to color and die cut!!!  I also love the sentiment already included in a circle format around this image.  I had so much fun with this image I printed more and made several of this card to send to Operation Write Home.

The card base is a half sheet of Night Of Navy cardstock folded in half.  Next I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Blush Blossom cardstock and layered it with a 3 3/4 x 4 1/2 piece of Pherris Wheel patterned paper.  I cut a 1 x 3 3/4 piece of PTI White and finished one edge using the Scallop Edge Punch then layered it underneath the patterned paper so the scalloped edge was showing.  Next I wrapped navy ribbon around the Blush Blossom and taped the ends down on the back side.  I added a small antique silver brad in each of the lower corners before attaching this entire layer to the card base.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using the Standard Circles Small Nestabilities and layered it on to a slightly larger circle die cut from the Blush Blossom cardstock using the Standard Circles Large Nestabilities then Night of Navy die cut using the Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities.  I then attached the image to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added a bow finished with the a pink button threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a fantastic day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Best Wishes Circle (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Blush Blossom, Night Of Navy, PTI White, Pherris Wheel (BasicGrey Aged & Confused Collection)
  • Ink: Copics C2, C4, C6, Y11, Y21, R30, R32, E43, E44
  • Other: Standard Circles Small, Standard Circles Large and Classic Scalloped Circles Large Nestabilities, Scallop Edge Punch, Ribbon (Offray), Button, DMC White, Small Antique Silver Brads, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

16 comments:

Patty said...

Karen thanks for the wonderful new blog for challenges! That's always a problem for me to go through my reader and find them all and I can never keep my list updated. This will be soooo nice! Maybe I'll get in on a few more. I'll add a note to my blog, facebook & twitter about this new blog! Thanks again!

Nancy Keller said...

Thanks for the link Karen! What fun!!! I will definitely be checking in with the new blog!

HappyCrafter said...

Super adorable! I like how you used the button over the bow. Glad you played with us this week at Paper Sundaes.

Angelwood said...

What an adorable card this is! Thanks for joining us at Crazy 4 Challenges this week! hugs, Angela

alicaz said...

so cute! the image is adorable and I like the colors you used!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card! Such a cute image and love the sentiment around it. TFS

Ceal said...

sweet card! thanks for joining us at KLSNS this week

Tami said...

This stamp would be perfect for my brother in law he loves penguines. Thanks for the challenge blog I have been watching it.

Anna said...

Cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at Party Time Tuesdays. Love doing challenges, will have to check out your other blog.

Nancy said...

He's a cute little guy!! Thanks for joining us at the party this week at PTT!!

Kristie said...

Very cute! I love the colors you used. Thanks for playing along with my Party Time Tuesdays challenge!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Karen, this is so cute! I love the patterned paper and scallops. Everything about it!

Operation Write Home said...

Oh my gosh! I love your sister blog, girlfriend....I've been wanting to figure out how to do more challenges (and get more press for OWH!) but didn't have brainspace. You made it easy!! Thank you!

And your card, of course is too cute!! Who doesn't love a penguin with a cupcake?

Hugs!!

Candace said...

Great card! Your bow looks great right in the center! Thanks for playing with us at KL Stampin n Scrappin! :)

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Too cute Karen! Thanks for going digi with us this week at Stamp Something! :)

Tasha said...

Goergeous card Karen, love the way the letters go round :-)
Thanks for joining us over at Craftalicious
Hugs
Tasha
xxxxxx