Hi everyone!!! Before I share today's card creation I wanted to let you know about a new challenge blog kicking off their first challenge on September 5th, Let's Ink It Up. For this challenge blog you'll be called back to your wood block and acrylic roots, no digi images allowed. If you haven't been by there yet you will want to enter for a chance to win some awesome blog candy and check out the design team call.
I went back to my acrylic roots in making this card. The Echinacea Window Box is an acrylic stamp by KLM Designs that I love because the flower overflows the outline and is perfect for cutting out and layering. The layout for this card is inspired by the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #27.
The image was stamped on PTI White in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Echinacea stamp and colored in using copic markers. The background was colored in using an Aqua Painter and the Going Gray Watercolor Wonder Crayon. I cut out the image and layered it on to a 2 3/4 x 4 1/2 piece of distressed Basic Black cardstock.
The strip is a 1 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock. I cut the edges using my Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors then wrapped 5/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon around the strip and taped the ends down on the back side. I made a beautiful matching bow and attached it using glue dots. To embellish the card I added a button threaded with DMC White to the center of the bow.
Hope you have a fabulous day!
- Stamps: Echinacea Window Box (KLM Designs)
- Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, More Mustard (Stampin' Up Patterns Pack), Garden Green
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Y15, Y26, YG63, YG67, Going Gray Watercolor Wonder Crayon
- Other: Aqua Painter, 5/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors, Edge Distresser, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
- Creative Cottage - touchy feely
- Stampavie and More - anything goes
- The Stamp Man - anything goes
- Stars and Stamps - sketch
- Mami Doodles - anything goes
- Stamp Something - something flowery
- Andrea's Stampin' Moments - simple flowers
- Create4fun Challenge - use flowers
- Our Daily Bread Designs - distress it
- Cowgirl's Sunday - anything goes