Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Echinacea Window Box


Hi everyone!!! Before I share today's card creation I wanted to let you know about a new challenge blog kicking off their first challenge on September 5th, Let's Ink It Up. For this challenge blog you'll be called back to your wood block and acrylic roots, no digi images allowed. If you haven't been by there yet you will want to enter for a chance to win some awesome blog candy and check out the design team call.

I went back to my acrylic roots in making this card. The Echinacea Window Box is an acrylic stamp by KLM Designs that I love because the flower overflows the outline and is perfect for cutting out and layering. The layout for this card is inspired by the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #27.

My card base is a half sheet of Basic Black folded in half. The rest of the card was created on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of PTI White and attached to the card base using mounting tape. On the PTI White I layered a slightly smaller piece of More Mustard Patterned Paper from the Stampin' Up Patterns Pack.

The image was stamped on PTI White in Memento Tuxedo Black using the Echinacea stamp and colored in using copic markers. The background was colored in using an Aqua Painter and the Going Gray Watercolor Wonder Crayon. I cut out the image and layered it on to a 2 3/4 x 4 1/2 piece of distressed Basic Black cardstock.

The strip is a 1 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece of Wild Wasabi cardstock. I cut the edges using my Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors then wrapped 5/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon around the strip and taped the ends down on the back side. I made a beautiful matching bow and attached it using glue dots. To embellish the card I added a button threaded with DMC White to the center of the bow.

Hope you have a fabulous day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Echinacea Window Box (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Basic Black, PTI White, More Mustard (Stampin' Up Patterns Pack), Garden Green
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Y15, Y26, YG63, YG67, Going Gray Watercolor Wonder Crayon
  • Other: Aqua Painter, 5/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Fiskars Deckled Edge Scissors, Edge Distresser, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

25 comments:

Our Little Inspirations said...

Your card is beautiful with that out-of-the-box image! Love the colors! I prefer the wood/acrylic stamp over digi, so thanks for the shout out to the challenge blog!

Sue said...

Hi Karen
beautiful card, lovely image, great ribbon detail, thank you for joining us at Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Carolina Girl said...

Beautiful card and flowers....I have something similar and will have to go back and re-address a new design with it. I have lots of rubber stamps so I look forward to the upcoming challenge if I don't lose this site. Thank you.

jimlynn said...

Super card, Karen. Love your coloring - so pretty. What a wonderful layout too. Just great.
Lynn

Poppet said...

This a a beautiful clean and simple card. With the beautiful image and the white bow (if it was mine it would have fingermarks all over it) you don't need anything else. Thank you for sharing your card with us at CSSC and we hope you will be able to join us again next week. :-) xx

Andrea said...

This is simply a beautiful card! Love the colours and image you've used!
Thanks for playing along with me this week :)
Andrea

Kiki said...

And another fabulous project!

Once again everything fits perfectly!

Thanks for playing with us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Dragon said...

Love the clean lines of the stamp and card... Thanks for playing with the Stampman theme this time
Frankie
xx

Playing with Paper said...

Your card is so pretty. The colors are perfect!!

Yolanda said...

I LOVE this card.

Alissa said...

Just checked that stamp out last night. You did a great job with it!

Marianne said...

This card is just perfect. I didn't know Echinacea looked like this.

helloholley said...

Oh,how beautiful,Karen!!! I just love it!!! ;)

Tracy said...

this is gorgeous love the image and gorgeous colours. Thanks for joining us at the Creative Cottage. Tracy x

Lorraine said...

lovely colours

Carrie said...

Beautiful Karen and there's the ribbon and buttons I love so much

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so pretty! I love your image and your choice of cheery colors!! The bow and buttons are the perfect touch. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!

Tigger a(r)t work said...

Beautiful card!!
Thank you for sharing it with us at Cowgirl‘s Sunday Stamp‘en Challenge and i hope you will be back next week for our new challenge, with one of your great artwork!! :o)

Hugs
Elke

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Karen! I really like this KLM image...and I think I have it, you may have just inspired me to print it out! lol
take care
blessings!

Sandy said...

Love your card, Karen....I love images that spill out of a frame too!

And hey, what did you figure out for tracking your challenges? I wanna follow what you're doing, I'll never keep up with blogs that way, and your list was so helpful! :(

Share with us pretty please! :)

Chrissy D said...

I love sun flowers and even made a card using them this week too! LOVELY card! Thank you for joining us in the ODBD Shining Light Challenge! We hope you will join us again next week! Have a great day!!!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card, lovely flowers! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week, hope to see you again next week! :)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Lovely card- such a pretty flower and love the coloring! TFS

Angella D. Crockett said...

What a beautiful card! So fun and colorful! Thanks so much for playing along with ODBD this week! Blessings, Angie

Dixie Cochran said...

Wowzers, Karen! That's a nifty card! Everything about it is stunning!