Sunday, July 4, 2010

God Bless America


Happy 4th of July everyone!  Hope you are enjoying this long holiday weekend!  My husband has to work some of the weekend so we are hanging out near home.  I'm having lots of fun bird watching, stamping and playing along in the OWH Independence Day Blog Tour.  Today I'm sharing another card I made in honor of America's 234th Birthday.  This gorgeous Eagle digital image was created by the founder and president of Operation Write Home, Sandy Allnock, for all the cardmakers to use in making cards for OWH.  Thank you, Sandy, for all the awesome digital images!

Today's card base is Basic Black layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI Cream then Starlight patterned paper.  The black shadow layer is a 2 3/4 x 3 1/2 piece of Basic Black die cut and embossed using the Classic Scalloped Rectangles Small Nestabilities.  The other shadow layer is a 2 3/4 x 3 1/2 piece of paper pierced PTI Cream. 

The Eagle digital image was printed on PTI Cream using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I cut out the image and attached it to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I punched out stars from Cranberry Crisp cardstock using the Star Punch and attached them to the card base using medium black brads.  I love how this card turned out and think it is the perfect patriotic card in honor of our great nation!

Hope you are having a great weekend!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Eagles (Sandy Allnock for OWH)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Cranberry Crisp, PTI Cream, Starlight (Pink Paislee)
  • Ink: Copics B91, YR23, E17, E29
  • Other: Classic Scalloped Rectangles Small Nestabilities, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Star Punch, Medium Black Brads, Mounting Tape

27 comments:

Yolanda said...

Very nice card. I like the piercing.

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

wow, this is gorgeous!

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! I love the layout and papers.

Have a safe & happy July 4th week end!

Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

jimlynn said...

Another great card Karen. Your coloring is just super.
Lynn

Paula said...

A beautiful card with Sandy's gorgeous image. Thanks for reminding me I need to do some cards with that fabulous set of digitals!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a gorgeous card Karen, this eagle image is so nice and your coloring is too! I have this one too and you're going to laugh, coloring it scares me ;) Anyway, your card is simply beautiful, I like the stars you added and the paper piercing too.

Brenda said...

Great card. Love that eagle -- where can we get the digi?

You did a super job coloring him in. TFS

JustYolie said...

Awesome coloring job. Happy 4th!

Noelle's Corner said...

Great coloring and lovely card. TFS! :)

Robin said...

beautiful card
have a safe and Happy 4th

Rhonda Miller said...

Oh this card is great. I love the paper you used and the image is great.

CathyRose said...

Beautifully done! The image is awesome and so is your coloring.

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fantastic eagle image this is.

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

love the imaage and how you made it work on a card...i was scared to use it...beautiful card!

Teresa / Trees aWard in Digital Stamps said...

I am contestant #67 on this fabulous tour for such a good cause. Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy that I Did It Creations is sponsoring for the tour. Hugs Teresa xxx

debb said...

Stunning card Karen! I love the beautiful coloring you did on Sandy's digi! Enjoy your weekend!

MiamiKel said...

This is beautiful, Karen! Happy 4th!

Ola said...

This is such a wonderful card! I love that eagle!

Happy 4th of July!

THanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Jackie L Watson said...

I love your card, very Vintage looking. Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous card.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- this is such a great card- love the L.O. I love the image you used too. Hope you had a wonderful 4th!

Erika said...

Great card!

Sandy said...

Hmm blogger's being a goober, let's see if the 3rd attempt at a comment works!

Great card as always - it catches me off guard to see my digis all over! You rocked this one...love the piercing!

Happy Independence Weekend!

Tami said...

A very nice card. great job:)

Alissa said...

Beautiful card, Karen. I still can't believe you colored that. At first glance, it looks like an actual diecut sticker... amazing.

rstuck2003 said...

beautiful card

helloholley said...

This is a awesome card,Karen....tfs!!!

~Michelle~ said...

this is so neat....love everything about this....you've got it going! ;)