Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lily Of The Valley


Hi everyone!  Welcome back for another weekly challenge with the Digi Doodle Shop's Best.  I'm excited to share with all of you that the Digi Doodle Shop has a special running through the month of July, UP to 50% off everything in the store!!!  As for this weeks challenge... I'm sure whatever you have on your craft table will work because this week ANYTHING GOES.  That's right, so go on and finish up that project (don't forget to add any finishing touches) then follow me on over to the Digi Doodle Shop's Best for lots of fun and inspiration!

For this week's challenge I decided to work with another flower image (surprise, surprise), LOL!!! I love this Lily image from the Digi Doodle Shop! Judy and her mom, Joy make such wonderful digital images that I can't wait to get my hands on all of them!  My card base is Regal Rose and the background layer is Basic Black cardstock embossed using the Fleur De Lis Embossing Folder. To change things up a bit I punched the corners using the Ticket Corner Punch then added a small gold brad in each corner. The shadow layer is two 1 1/4 x 3 3/4 strips of Wild Wasabi cardstock.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using the Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities then layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Regal Rose cardstock die cut using the Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added a bow made with 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon and finished it with a button threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a great day, until next time...


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Lily (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, PTI White
  • Ink: Copics RV13, RV19, G82, G99
  • Other: Classic Ovals Large and Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilties, Fleur De Lis Embossing Folder, Ticket Corner Punch, Small Gold Brads, 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

24 comments:

Carrie said...

nice vibrant colors and that black just makes all the details on this card pop...great job Karen

Judy said...

This is so pretty Karen. I just love your style. When I see one of your cards, I know it's yours right away. Beautiful job hun.

Hugs
Judy

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Karen I love your lily card. I love your crisp clean lines and the colors you have used.... Beautiful card !

Harriet

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card, Karen!

Monika Reeck said...

what a sweet colors you used Karen and hey you have new lay out again on your Blog lovely vibrant red color...GREAT CARD my dear see you on my blog :) SMILE....

Amber said...

Beautiful card Karen!
Hugs
Amber

merniebug said...

Gorgeous card. I love the image and the colors you used. I had to come back to comment again. it wouldn't accept my name or password the first time. Don't know why, nothing has changed

CreaRenata said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for sharing at Stamp Something.

Hugs,
Renata

Pascale said...

Beautiful lillies and what a gorgeous ribbon embellishment hugs Pascale

jimlynn said...

Just beautiful!
Lynn

Jóna said...

Beautiful card Karen !!!
Hugs, Jóna

Tracey Feeger said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

jo said...

So pretty! Love the colors you used this week! :)

My Little Space said...

Beautiful card Karen.

Thanks for joining us at PTW this week.

Mandy

KymKreates said...

you do have a way with your flowers, each and every one is more beautiful than the last!

Kym

Michele said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

kupukupukuning said...

beautiful card Karen, love the colors :) and thanks for your nice comment.... *jovita

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is such a beautiful card, love that image! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello! : )
And I visited your new blog for the list of challenges, what a great way to put the challenges together, you might want to add one more to the Tuesday list. City Crafter Challenge Blog (www.citycrafter.blogspot.com)

Paige said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Karen said...

Lovely Karen.
xx

Craftyanny said...

Fab card,so very sweet and simple
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottages challenge this week
Anne x

Laura said...

Beautiful card!

Teri said...

Such a lovely card hun. Loving all the touchy feely bits!
Thank you for playing along at The Creative Cottage this week.
Hugs,
Teri x

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a fantastic color combo, great coloring and ribbon treatment too. BTW- I never get tired of seeing your flower cards :)