Thursday, July 8, 2010

Mother Bird and Babies


Hi everyone!  This week the Digi Doodle Shop's Best were challenged to create a card with texture.  There are many fun ways to add texture to your card and I decided to go with my favorite... embossing folders.  I created this cute card using the Mother Bird and Babies digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop.  My husband and I love watching birds and have created an awesome bird oasis in our backyard.  A couple times now we have had a Robin nest in our backyard so I used these photos as inspiration to color the image.


My card base is PTI Dark Chocolate layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White then Wild Wasabi cardstock texturized using the Cuttlebug Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder. The orange strip was made with Pumpkin Pie cardstock using my brand new Die-namics Jumbo Ric Rac die from My Favorite Things.

The Mother Bird and Babies digital image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered on to a slightly larger piece of PTI Dark Chocolate cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I added two flower buttons threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Mother Bird and Babies (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Pumpkin Pie, Wild Wasabi, PTI White and PTI Dark Chocolate
  • Ink: Copics Y26, YR14, YG63, YG67, E43, E44, E47
  • Other: Distressed Stripes Embossing Folder, Die-namics Jumbo Ric Rac, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Buttons, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

14 comments:

Carrie said...

beautiful color combo on this Karen and I love the border ric rac.

KymKreates said...

Just lovely and I adore how you added the pics of the babies. We have a nesting mother every spring on our porch. So fun to watch!

Monika Reeck said...

WONDERFUL CARD!!lovely coloring as always dear and Love the pict of the babies too...I used the same texture CB paper ...i love this template...but I have no CB machine all my CB paper were send from my friend from all around the world :(

Katja of Katzz said...

Lovely coloring. It's a really amazing card!
Greetings, Katja

Pascale said...

This is awesome and so are the pics of the real birds. Hugs Pascale

Laura said...

what a beautiful card.And I love your inspiration.TFS

Alissa said...

Awww that's so adorable! Great card, Karen! I like the color combo.

Amber said...

Beautiful Karen! Love the embossing and such a perfecty colored stamp! We have blue birds that build every year in our blue bird house. They've already built twice this year. They are such dedicated parents and a joy to watch.
Hugs
Amber

hayward69 said...

Nicely coloured image and love the dp and the colours used.

Jayne xx

Judy said...

Karen what a lovely card! You work always has such a professional look to them. Wonderful job hun.

Hugs
Judy

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I was wondering where you got that big old piece of ric rac! I want one too, thanks for telling where you got it. ;)

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors and the texture, buttons, ric rac, very nice!

jo said...

Beautiful! What awesome inspiration!

jimlynn said...

Wonderful card Karen. LOVE the picture of the birds too. Just great.
Lynn

Jóna said...

Love your card, the coloring, the use of colors and your photos are adorable, I love birds :o)
Hugs, Jóna