Thursday, July 15, 2010

North America Blue Jay


Hi everyone!  Welcome back for another weekly challenge with the Digi Doodle Shop's Best.  This week the challenge is to use up your SCRAPS.  My husband and I are avid bird lovers and really enjoy seeing all the gorgeous birds that come to our backyard.  This past year our first Blue Jay showed up so I couldn't resist making a card with this beautiful Blue Jay digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop.  During the month of July everything over at the Digi Doodle Shop is UP to 50% off and this beautiful Blue Jay digital image is 35% off!

The layout for my card was inspired by the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #25.  I lengthened the squares to cover the entire card base since I printed the image larger than planned.  My card base is a half sheet of Blue Yonder cardstock folded in half.  I created the rest of the card on a slightly smaller piece of PTI White attached to the Blue Yonder using mounting tape.  On the PTI White I added four scraps of Chocolate Chip cardstock each measuring 1 3/4 x 2 3/8.  I punched the outer edge of each piece using my Ticket Corner Punch then added a small silver brad in each of those corners.

The Blue Jay image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I die cut and embossed the image using my Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities and layered it on to a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock die cut using the Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added a bow finished with a blue button threaded with DMC White.

Hope you have a marvelous day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Blue Jay (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Chocolate Chip, Blue Yonder (DCWV) and PTI White
  • Ink: Copics YG63, YG67, E29, E57, B91, B93, B95, B97, B99
  • Other: Ticket Corner Punch, Small Silver Brads, Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities, Offray Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

17 comments:

Carrie said...

My grandmother and grandfather were avid bird watchers too. They would sit on the deck every morning with their coffee and binoculars. This is lovely.

Pascale said...

Oh this is super I love your colouring and the black is perfect. Hugs Pascale

Karen said...

Very nice Karen.
xx

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful, Karen. I love this image as well. :)

Katja of Katzz said...

Very pretty card again Karen!

Greetings,
Katja

jimlynn said...

Jim and I also love to watch birds. You see so many different kinds - and they are always so pretty.
Beautiful card Karen. Like how you added the little button.
Very nice.
Lynn

Paula said...

Beautifully done. You have such a nice, clean, crisp style Karen. All your cards are lovely!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely Images you have chosen and great coloring..love always your coloring dear....nice blue scallop color...Wonderful card...

Jóna said...

I love birds too and your card is a beauty !
Hugs, Jóna

merniebug said...

Beautiful card. I love that Blue Jay. Your coloring is as spectacular as the rest of the design.

Giò said...

Stunning card and fantastic image!!
Thanks for joining us at SAM challenge.

Hugs
Giò

KymKreates said...

I love to watch the birds too. I do not get very many kinds where we live. not that many trees but I hope each day. so I keep on feeding. This is beautiful.

Thanks,
Kym

Judy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! It is so very pretty!

Hugs
Judy

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow Karen, this is go gorgeous! Sorry I've been gone so long...

Yolanda said...

I am a bird fan, too, and love to take pictures of them through my living room window. This beautiful card reminds me of that.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Found the cards! Love the window feel to this one. Scraps, love that idea.....

BA said...

stunning card
thanks for joining us at SAM
xoxo BA