Saturday, July 3, 2010

Patriotic Audrey


Hello, my crafty friends!  This weekend Operation Write Home is celebrating America's 234th Birthday with an Independence Day Blog Tour over on the OWH Stars and Stamps blog!  To join in the fun simply create any Birthday themed card then head on over to the OWH Stars and Stamps blog to enter your card.  While you are there don't forget to check out all the activity on the new forum and the OWH facebook page.  There are lots of fun games and prizes going on throughout the weekend!!!

This is one of the cards I made in honor of America's 234th Birthday!  The image, Patriotic Audrey, is a digital image sponsored by The Stamping Boutique for last week's OWH Stars and Stamps Midweek Challenge.  I'm a little slow in getting my card made for the midweek challenge as always.

My card base is as a half sheet of Night Of Navy cardstock folded in half.  The rest of the card was created on a 4 x 5/14 piece of Cranberry Crisp cardstock and attached to the card base using mounting tape.  On the Cranberry Crisp I layered a slightly smaller piece of American Stars patterned paper then a 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 strip of Cranberry Crisp.  I wrapped 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon around the Cranberry Crisp and tied the ends down on the back side.  The two 1 x 1 1/2 tan strips are DCWV cardstock.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I layered it on to a slightly larger piece of Night Of Navy cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I punched two stars from the DCWV cardstock using the Star Punch and added a small white star brad in the center before attaching to the card base with glue dots.  I also made a bow with the 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon and attached it above the image also using glue dots.

I hope you enjoy the long holiday weekend, whatever you end up doing!  Hopefully the weekend involves time with those you love and lots of stamping!!!  Thanks for stopping by!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Patriotic Audrey (The Stamping Boutique)
  • Paper: Night Of Navy, Cranberry Crisp, PTI White and American Stars (Reminisce)
  • Ink: Copics E00, R01, E07, E55, E57, B99
  • Other: Star Punch, Small Star Brads, 3/8" White Grosgrain Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

40 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Karen your Audrey is fabulous! I like the way you added the stars!

Noelle's Corner said...

I like the layering of the card and how well you colored the girl. TFS

Brenda said...

Audrey is great! Love the coloring and how you put the card together, everything goes so well together. TFS

Paula said...

Beautiful job as usual Karen, You have such a classy style! The layered star embellishments are a perfect touch. Love 'em!

jimlynn said...

Cute card Karen.....Love the DP you used.
Hope you have a fabulous weekend.
Lynn

CreatewithTlc said...

Beautiful card. Someone will really enjoy it.
Paulette

Caro said...

I love colors you used on this card!

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous!

Thanks for joining us in this week's Stamp Simply "Stars" challenge!

Spyder said...

Very nice card, love the papers. Thank you for joining OSAAT's Stars and Stripes Challenge this week!!
((Lyn))

Cheryl said...

Great card! Your coloring is wonderful.

Have a safe & happy July 4th week end!

Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy.

Cheryl
http://shestamps.blogspot.com/

Padster said...

Gorgeous caard - such a cute kid image - thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week
Hugs,
Deb x

Bethany said...

Totally love your Aubrey! I downloaded the stamp this past week but wasn't really sure what to do with her. Thanks for the inspiration! Love the colors too; I can't wait to get the new SU! colors. Thanks for posting.

rstuck2003 said...

Love the card...thank you for sharing. She is too cute! Happy 4th of July

SuzanneK said...

Love your card, Audrey is coloured beautifully.

JessicaLynn said...

I just love this card. tooo cute!

Jessica

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Karen, The stars on my card today are the Spellbinders star set. I was playing and avoiding what I was really supposed to be working on! The magnetic mat for my Spellbinders Wizard helps hold the 2 dies right where you want them as you run it through to cut. If that makes any sense at all ;)

...Darlene said...

Everyone is doing such a great job in the different takes on our digi girl from OWH. Thank you for sharing.

Tina said...

She is soooo sweet!

A.J. said...

A lovely patriotic card and a super cute image.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Amanda

Ola said...

This is a really beautiful card!

Happy 4th of July!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Tracey Feeger said...

Wonderful Patriotic card. Great colouring. Fab image. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week.
mwah
Trace

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Such a beautiful color combination--it even coordinates perfectly with your blog!

debb said...

Love your card! What a perfect patriotic card! Happy 4th!

Jo Davies said...

Sooooo cute Beautiful Patriotic Card, I love Audrey!!!! Thanks for sharing with us at Stamp Something! Jo xxxx

Sandy said...

Adorable as always, Karen!! Well done....I love the layout with the stars like that.

Have a GREAT 4th!!!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

What an adorable card! Everything in your design works so well together. Happy 4th!

JustYolie said...

Great coloring job..beautiful card. Happy 4th!

CreaRenata said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining in at Stamp Something!

Hugs,
Renata

Rhonda Miller said...

Your card is great. I love how you've colored Audrey. TFS.

Jeanne said...

Great card! I like how the tan just offsets the r,w,& b a little bit. Thanks for sharing!

Jackie L Watson said...

Your Aubrey is lovely and I love the colors. Thanks for sharing your very creative artwork. Have a super 4th

ScrappinCntryGrl said...

beautiful card! love the dark colors of red and blue and the layout...

Teresa / Trees aWard in Digital Stamps said...

I am contestant #67 on this fabulous tour for such a good cause. Please stop by my blog and sign up to win my blog candy that I Did It Creations is sponsoring for the tour. Hugs Teresa xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

What a fantastic card- I Love this L.O. and perfectly colored image. TFS

Erika said...

Great card!

helloholley said...

Karen,you did a wonderful job!!! Your card is stunning!!! Hope you had a awesome 4th!!!

Carrie said...

This is darling. I love that image and the star brads are perfect.

Marcy K said...

As always Karen, your card is FABULOUS! I absolutely love your style!

Patty said...

This card is so adorable Karen! I really love the background!

Thanh Vo said...

Karen - she is so adorable! Thanks so for much playing along with us at Raise the Bar!