Wow, yesterday the weather was beautiful and we had a great time at the zoo. I love seeing all the animals and could spend hours watching the antics of some of them. As always, I took tons of photos and don't know what I'll ever do with all of them. It has been about a year since I've scrapbooked anything but oh well, I'm really loving cardmaking which is my first passion!
Today I have something other than a flower card to share with all of you! I'm not sure that the sentiment I put on it really goes but I love the card none the less! My card base is a half sheet of Always Artichoke folded in half. Next I cut a slightly smaller piece of Bravo Burgundy and layered it with a 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 piece of sand colored cardstock by DCWV. I wrapped white grosgrain ribbon around it to cover the seam and taped both ends down on the back side then attached it to the card base using mounting tape.
The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Summer By The Sea stamp set and colored in using copic markers. I sponged Vintage Photo Distress Ink along the bottom to resemble sand (looks a little rough though) and Bordering Blue to create the sky. I also sponged some of the ink along the edges to give them a distressed look.
Next I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black using the For Every Occasion stamp set. The image was layered on to a slightly larger piece of Always Artichoke cardstock and attached to the card base using mounting tape. To embellish the card I made a bow using the white grosgrain ribbon and added a button threaded with DMC White in the center.
Hope you have a great day!
- Stamps: Summer By The Sea (Stampin' Up) and For Every Occasion (CTMH)
- Paper: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Sand (DCWV) and PTI White
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Bordering Blue and Copics E00, E55, E57, R89, G21, G85
- Other: White Grosgrain Ribbon, Button, DMC White, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
- Cowgirl's Sunday - anything goes
- Our Daily Bread Designs - distress it
- Crafty Calendar - summer
- Crafty Catz - summer time
- Miami Doodles - anything goes
- Raise The Bar - distressed
- Stamp Man - anything goes
- CAS-tastic - inspired by summer
- Creative Cottage - touchy feely
- Stampavie and More - anything goes
- The Pink Elephant - brown
- Aly's Sunday Challenge - under or by the sea