Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tulip Town


Hi everyone!  Today's card was created using this beautiful Tulips digital image from the Digi Doodle Shop.  I actually have several more colored waiting to be transformed into beautiful cards but those will have to wait for another day.  The layout for this card was inspired by the OWH Stars and Stamps Sketch Challenge #24.  I turned the sketch on it's side and enlarged the shadow layer to cover the bottom portion of the card.

My card base is a half sheet of Green Galore cardstock folded in half. I created the rest of the card on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of PTI White and attached it to the card base using mounting tape. On the PTI White I layered two pieces each 1 3/4 x 5 of background paper I created using PTI White cardstock, Elegant Eggplant ink and this fun Wax Resist Background Tutorial. The shadow layer is a 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 piece of Green Galore cardstock. I wrapped White Grosgrain Ribbon around the PTI White and taped the ends down on the back side.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered on to a slightly larger piece of Elegant Eggplant cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I made a bow with the White Grosgrain Ribbon and attached it using glue dots.  I tried to align the bow so it would sit over the strip of ribbon I added earlier.  To finish off the card I added two large Kaiser Rhinestones in the upper corner of the image.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Tulips (Digi Doodle Shop)
  • Paper: Green Galore, Elegant Eggplant, PTI White
  • Ink: Copics YG17, YG67, V09, V15
  • Other: Wax Resist Background Tutorial, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, White Grosgrain Ribbon, Kaiser Rhinestones, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape

11 comments:

jo said...

So pretty! I love the color combo! :)

Carrie said...

I love how you did the ribbon on this card, it does look like it comes up through the image. Beautiful.

Our Little Inspirations said...

Lovin' these great colors together and especially that background you created!

Alissa said...

Great card, Karen. The colors are beautiful. And I love the piercing around the edges. That's a technique I have yet to use - thanks for the inspiration!

Judianne said...

very nice.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your color palette is gorgeous! What else can I say, it's a beautiful card!

Brenda said...

Lovely card. Love your colors. The ribbon brings it to life.

Sherry Hickey said...

I loved reading how you made your pretty card and seeing your other cards. Lovely.

Yolanda said...

Beautifully done. I am a big fan of purple and green.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the colors you used- pretty combination and I love the ribbon. TFS

Laura said...

Hello Karen,Im back and just want to stop by and see your new post.Love all your cards especially the swans.cute digi stamp.TFS