Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Vision Of Beauty


Hi, my crafty friends!  Hope you are having a great weekend so far!  We spent all day yesterday with my in-laws.  No card games for us this time, we took the pontoon boat out on the lake and had lots of fun soaking up the sun and fishing.  If you've ever ridden on a pontoon boat before you know how slow they are compared to fishing or speed boats. 

Well, when we finally got all the way across the lake to the fishing spot a storm cloud rolled in with lightning, thunder and heavy rain so we had to go all the way back across the lake and park at the boat landing dock until the storm cloud rolled over.  Then when it finally did... we slowing made our way all the way back across the lake again to our fishing spot.  Gave us lots of time to talk and catch up, LOL!!!  And yes, we did catch lots of sunfish and had lots of fun together!

Today I want to share with you another card I made from the Generations patterned paper I've been working on using up.  My card base is a half sheet of Basic Black folded in half.  I created the rest of the card on a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of Baja Breeze cardstock attached to the card base using mounting tape.  On the Baja Breeze I layered a slightly smaller piece of Generations patterned paper then a 2 x 4 strip of Barely Banana cardstock finished on one side using the Scallop Edge Punch.  I wrapped ribbon around the Baja Breeze and taped the ends down on the back side.

The image was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on PTI White using the Sweet Of You stamp set and colored in using copic markers.  I paper pierced around the edges then layered the image on to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.  To embellish the card I made a beautiful bow and added small Kaiser Rhinestones along the scalloped edge.

Hope you have a great day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Sweet Of You (Stampin' Up)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Barely Banana, PTI White and Generations (Momenta, A Family Affair Collection)
  • Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics Y32, R39, BG72, BG75
  • Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Kaiser Rhinestones, Ribbon, Paper Piercing Tool and Mat Pack, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

14 comments:

jimlynn said...

Hey Karen. Sounds like yall had a good time. Glad you caught some fish and just got to visit.
Love your card. That patterned paper is so pretty. Great job.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Glad you got to enjoy some R&R despite the rain clouds. Love the image, reminds me of Dr. Seuss. Is it just me or does everything go with that Generations paper? Love it. ~Robin

JessicaLynn said...

What a great card. I LOVE the colors that you used.

Please come visit my blog too :)

Jessica Lynn

Tammy said...

Gorgeous card Karen! Such a fun flower image! Beautiful color combo!

Paige said...

Great card! I love the image and the colors you used.

Our Little Inspirations said...

I love every card you make with this sensational DP! The colors work perfectly! Great card!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just LOVE that DSP you are using! Great card. It sounds like you had a great day with your in-laws-I love boating and fishing!!! TFS

Laura said...

So nice to hear you had a great time with your family.As for your card.I love it.The DP is gorgeous!

Patty (LaLatty) said...

What a pretty card, Karen. Gotta love that dp and awesome color combo! Nicely done!

Carrie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Love that dp and how you pulled all the colors from it for this card. Well done.

Kathy Braun and Lucky said...

Your card is so pretty, love the colors, image and DP, jus lovely. Sounds like you had a great time on the boat, sounds very relaxing.

Debsg said...

Love this card. So clean and colourful.

alicaz said...

really pretty! Great color combo and I love the pearls!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Spyder said...

Lovely card!

(Lyn)