Saturday, July 24, 2010

You Warm My Heart


Hello, my crafty friends!  I'm popping in quick before we run off to the zoo with some close friends of ours.  Today's card was creating using the Tulip digital image from KLM Designs.  I'm trying not to leave all the corners square on my cards these days so on this card I rounded the corners on the image as well as on the outside edges of the card.  I love the softer look and when combined with the scalloped edges on the layers it really looks beautiful.

My card base is a half sheet of Basic Black cardstock folded in half.  Using the Corner Rounder Punch I punched the outside edges only.  I layered this with a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of PTI White with the outside edges also punched with the Corner Rounder Punch.  Next I added Certainly Celery then Groovy Guava finished with the Scallop Edge Punch.

The image was printed on PTI White using my Epson Photo Printer and colored in using copic markers.  I punched each corner using the Corner Rounder Punch then layered on to a slightly larger piece of Basic Black cardstock.  I wrapped the Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon around the image and taped the ends down on the back side before attaching to the card base using mounting tape.

The sentiment was stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on the Groovy Guava cardstock using the Snowy Day stamp set.  To embellish the card I made a beautiful bow with the Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon and attached it with glue dots.  I also added small Kaiser Pearls along the Certainly Celery scalloped edge border.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: Tulips (KLM Designs) and Snowy Day (My Favorite Things)
  • Paper: Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Groovy Guava and PTI White
  • Ink: Copics R02, R22, G82, YG63
  • Other: Scallop Edge Punch, Corner Rounder Punch, Kaiser Pearls, Groovy Guava Double Stitched Ribbon, Glue Dots and Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

10 comments:

Laura said...

Hey Karen,what a cute card!I love all the colors.TFS

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Hi Karen, I like your rounded corners and scallops, very pretty card! Hope you had a great time at the Zoo!

A.J. said...

This is a very pretty card - I love the colours and the scalloped edges.

Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.

Crafty Creations by AJ

Amanda

Our Little Inspirations said...

Very pretty! The rounded corners really do make a softer look. I like it!!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

What a lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Mami Doodles Challenge, Karen! :)

Carrie said...

ahh groovy guava..why couldn't they have brought this color back. Really like this color combo especially the black paired with it.

Patty (LaLatty) said...

This card is just gorgeous! Love your rounded corners, scalloped edges, and pearls. Just perfect!

Carolina Girl said...

Love the way you put the pearls in the curved part of the scallop. Beautiful!

Kiki said...

Wow, this is so adorable! Love the scalloped edges!

Thanks for playing with us at SAM this week.

Hugs, Kiki

Trish Hughes said...

very pretty, thanks for playing along with HFOS.
Trish