Saturday, July 31, 2010

You've Got Mail


Hi everyone!  We are headed out for a family reunion this morning so I thought I'd pop in quick to share this cute card I made using the You've Got Mail digital image from KLM Designs.  I've been watching all the birds come and go from our backyard this summer and knew I wanted to make a card using this digital image as soon as I saw it!  I get such a kick out of those crazy birds building a nest in the mailbox.

The card base is Basic Grey layered with a slightly smaller piece of PTI White.  I embossed Real Red cardstock for the background using my Cuttlebug Birds and Swirls Embossing Folder. For the shadow layer I used Bashful Blue patterned paper from the Stampin' Up Prints Pack. The image was printed on PTI White and colored in using copic markers then die cut and embossed using the Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities. I layered it on to a piece of Basic Grey die cut using the Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities.  To embellish the card I added an antique silver flower brad in each corner.

Hope you have a wonderful day!


CREATIVE DESIGN:
  • Stamps: You've Got Mail (KLM Designs)
  • Paper: Basic Grey, Real Red, PTI White, Bashful Blue Patterned Paper (Stampin' Up Prints Pack)
  • Ink: Copics B93, R29, YG67, E47, E49, YR24, T2, T4, T8
  • Other: Birds and Swirls Embossing Folder, Classic Ovals Large Nestabilities, Classic Scalloped Ovals Large Nestabilities, Antique Silver Flower Brads, Mounting Tape
CHALLENGES:

15 comments:

Alissa said...

Once again I love the colors, Karen! Cute image!

jimlynn said...

VERY cute! That image is just precious too. GREAT card.
lynn

Tracy said...

gorgeous card love the colour combo and sweet image. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

ladyjanet_56 said...

Lovely card, colours, Patterns & iamge thanks for joining in at oscc, Janet

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a pretty card. Love the great image. :o) Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC.

Sue said...

Hi Karen
aww fabulous card, cute image, luv the embossed panel, thank you for joining us at The Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun image and love the colors you used. Love the cute bird too!

Carrie said...

I love this mix of colors. I also like how you framed the digi image with the scalloped oval. Cute!

Trisha said...

Love the image and colors u chose!!Thanks for playing at FFF this week! xoxo Trisha

stephanne said...

This is wonderful, love that tweet image, I'd love to see that happening in my front yard!! Thanks for joining in with our animals challenge this week at Creative Inspirations ;)
Stephanne

Heather Maria said...

Adorable card Karen! Wonderful design and colouring! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

Lori said...

Simply beautiful Karen! thanks for joining Fairy Fun Fridays!

Craftyanny said...

Very pretty card, love it:)
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
Anne x

Paul said...

I was last minute with my entry at Charisma Cardz this week and it's only now I'm managing to take a look at what others did. Thanks for the inspiration and letting me come and look at your blog.
TFS
Paul
http://craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

Francesca said...

Great and Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at OSCC this week and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca

p.s I have candy on my blog if you interested.